Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 315

Thread: iPhone X

  1. #241
    Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    4,167


    1 Not allowed!
    They hold their value so well because Apple make "the most durable devices". Oh hold on.......

    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...rgues-in-court

    (this just popped up on my Twitter feed so I've not even read it, I'm just being a dick)


    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #242
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      31,982


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That's unbelievable. Treating their customers with complete contempt.
      Mattress shopping
    • #243
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Sheffield
      Posts
      4,167


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That's unbelievable. Treating their customers with complete contempt.
      No no! They also have "the best customer service". I read it on here.
    • #244
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      37,081


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No no! They also have "the best customer service". I read it on here.
      Can you quote the post that said that please - interested to see who said it.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
    • #245
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Sheffield
      Posts
      4,167


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can you quote the post that said that please - interested to see who said it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

      I'll add that after sales service is also exceptional and, for me, well worth any "Apple tax". I have friends who have the occasional issue with an Android phone and they always seem to need to send it away for a week or two. The couple of times I've had an issue, even in another country, they've been quickly resolved at the first time of asking in an Apple Store.
      OK. You don't explicitly say "it's the best customer service" but the implication is there when you state that you're willing to pay a huge amount more for the product because of the customer service.

      The article I linked above (I've read it now) disproves the theory that Apple actually give a shit about their customers any more than any other multi billion company.

      As an aside, my son broke the charging point on our Samsung tablet and (despite the fact that it was definitely our/his fault) I took it to the Samsung shop in Sheffield and they fixed it for free. It was out of warranty.

      I'm not trying to prove a point that one company is better than another as I don't believe that to be true. Just that the concept of paying an "Apple tax" for better service is incorrect and a con.
    • #246
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      37,081


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      OK. You don't explicitly say "it's the best customer service" but the implication is there when you state that you're willing to pay a huge amount more for the product because of the customer service.
      No I didn't say that at all. Once again, your bizarre rabid anti-Apple crusade has you reading things that aren't there. I said:

      "I'll add that after sales service is also exceptional and, for me, well worth any "Apple tax". I have friends who have the occasional issue with an Android phone and they always seem to need to send it away for a week or two. The couple of times I've had an issue, even in another country, they've been quickly resolved at the first time of asking in an Apple Store."

      At no point did I say I was willing to "pay a huge amount more" for an Apple product. As I've already said on this very thread as it stands, the iPhone X is simply too expensive for me for what it offers. Additionally, I've also said on this very thread that the enhanced resale values of Apple product make good any higher initial outlay. By way of an example, I've just checked out both the launch price and the current CEX offer price for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32gb and the iPhone 7 32gb, both in black.

      S7 Edge. Launch price: 639. CEX offer price: 182. Value lost: 457. Current value as a percentage of new price: 28.4%
      iPhone 7: Launch price: 599. CEX offer price: 321. Value lost: 278. Current value as a percentage of new price: 53.5%

      It's not even close. Like it or not, Apple kit retains value like nothing else, whilst Samsung kit simply does not.

      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The article I linked above (I've read it now) disproves the theory that Apple actually give a shit about their customers any more than any other multi billion company.
      It's not a good example at all - I'd not argue otherwise. But, as you say, I can't imagine many big companies facing up to such a class action by simply folding.

      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As an aside, my son broke the charging point on our Samsung tablet and (despite the fact that it was definitely our/his fault) I took it to the Samsung shop in Sheffield and they fixed it for free. It was out of warranty.
      My daughter dropped an iPod Touch face down on a pavement from a decent height and shattered the screen. I took it in to see if it could be repaired, but expecting to have to buy a new one. Thehy simply gave me a brand new one and said "ask her to try not to drop this one."

      I had a couple of dead pixels on a MacBook Pro screen that was out of warranty. Additionally, I knew a couple of dead pixels were well within "tolerance" for a display. It bugged me though so I took it in to see how much the repair would be. The Apple chap looked at it and said "I can see that would be a bit annoying - we'll swap it out, and it's on us this time". From what i recall, it was a c300 repair.

      I dropped an iPhone 6 onto the concrete floor of a poncey bar in New York and cracked the screen from corner to corner at around 10pm at night. I opened the Apple Store app on it, found the nearest Apple Store to my hotel was at Grand Central Station, made a Genius Bar appointment for 7am and by 7:30am I was on my way with an "as new" phone.

      As I said: the service I have received from Apple has always been excellent. If that changes then I'd reconsider my purchases although, at the risk of repeating myself, the pricing of the last MacBook Pro was too high so they lost me updating my Air and, again, the iPhone X looks like pricing me out from upgrading this year.

      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm not trying to prove a point that one company is better than another as I don't believe that to be true. Just that the concept of paying an "Apple tax" for better service is incorrect and a con.
      It is not incorrect for me, for the examples I've given and there have probably been more. I've never received OK service from Apple, it has always exceeded that. And, as illustrated above, even if you ignore service (I don't clearly), the residual value that Apple kit holds makes it a value purchase anyway.

      I'm outta here. I really don't get why some want to spend their time repeatedly going out of their way to rubbish Apple and their products. The anti-Apple cult is far more bizarre than the supposed pro-Apple cult.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
    • #247
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      42,695


      3 Not allowed!
      Why do people who don't like or have an Apple phone get SO arsey about them? I don't like BMWs but I don't feel the need to wade in and slag them off when people are talking about how much they love them. I don't give a shit about androids, and I don't have one, but neither do I feel the need to run them down either
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come
    • #248
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      London
      Posts
      2,796


      1 Not allowed!
    • #249
      Members Wozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      In your face
      Posts
      15,562


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why do people who don't like or have an Apple phone get SO arsey about them? I don't like BMWs but I don't feel the need to wade in and slag them off when people are talking about how much they love them.
      https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bmw+hate
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.
    • #250
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      39,084


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagulls4ever View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hilarious
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
yyy