Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 315

Thread: iPhone X

  1. #211
    Members dwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,808


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even the plus is bigger than the iPhone X isn't it?

    I was interested in the hype for the S8, I thought it might be the phone for me, but I think it was a massive fail (no offense to those who got it). I'm sure the iPhone X will be a lot better, so I'm not suggesting it's not worth more. And maybe I'm wrong about which model you should compare to the X, but the S8 is the one that makes sense to me. Samsung's flagships tend to be the S, and the Note is their bigger phablet style thing and not really comparable IMO.
    Interesting it has reviewed really well everywhere. Under the hood it appears both the s8 and s8 plus are high specced than iPhone X

    I have the s7 edge and think it's amazing

    Why would you say it's a failure?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #212
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      KÝbenhavn
      Posts
      508


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yep been looking on eBay today. Easily can get Galaxy s8 plus for 500-600.

      Believe it or not I was waiting for iPhone X announcement hoping it would be a game changer.
      Same as me. Looks like I'm converting to Samsung.

      Everyone at work has been buying the S8 models but I wanted to see what the new iPhone had to offer. Not impressed, especially when the price is taken into consideration.
    • #213
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      4,839


      0 Not allowed!
      Looks like I will be keeping my perfectly working iPhone 6s plus for a few more years!
    • #214

      1 Not allowed!
      If there's one thing which Apple isn't, it's competitive on price. They make nice things. But they cost a bloody fortune.

      The S8 is Samsung's flagship and it is much better value for money IMO.

      But **** value for money. Gimme that shiny, non-exploding Apple goodness any day of the week!
    • #215
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      37,158


      0 Not allowed!
      If I started using an Android phone my children would disown me. Don't get me wrong - that could be seen as a positive, so I'll give it some further thought.

      I last bought an Android phone 2 or 3 years ago - one of Google's own phones that was launched with great fanfare - and try as I might, I hated it and just sold it on. I know Android has been improved considerably since then however.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
    • #216
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      32,046


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Interesting it has reviewed really well everywhere. Under the hood it appears both the s8 and s8 plus are high specced than iPhone X

      I have the s7 edge and think it's amazing

      Why would you say it's a failure?
      I think the S7 and Edge are great phones. My eyesight isn't what it was (I don't always have reading glasses on), and I now want a large screen, but I don't want a big phone, so the huge screen to body ratio of the S8 was the main draw.

      The main issue for me was that like Apple, they wanted to do away with the home button, and use something behind the screen to work as the fingerprint sensor, but neither of them could get it to work. Too late in design, Samsung had to stick the fingerprint reader on the back. It's right next to the camera, and not in an easy to reach position. I've tried it and it's not ideal. Samsung are also not doing very well with their fingerprint readers, they don't always work quickly. I've just bought my daughter the A3 - it's a great phone, but the fingerprint reader is rubbish.

      The other thing is the screen ratio - it's too long/thin. It makes it less well balanced and gives extra height that you (or at least I) don't need.

      I figure that all companies will follow suit, and large display to body ratios will become the norm, so I'll get one from a cheaper brand later down the line. In the meantime, I bought a like new Huawei P9 for £185. Bargain, and really good. A massive upgrade from my (old) iPhone 4S. I pay £5 a month for my sim, with unlimited calls and enough data.
      Mattress shopping
    • #217

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Under the hood it appears both the s8 and s8 plus are high specced than iPhone X
      The iPhone 7 outperforms the S8 in almost every single real-world task. The benchmarks for the iPhone X have blown the S8 away.

      https://thenextweb.com/apple/2017/09...oid-devices-g/
    • #218
      Members Steve in Japan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Location
      East of Eastbourne
      Posts
      2,027


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The iPhone 7 outperforms the S8 in almost every single real-world task. The benchmarks for the iPhone X have blown the S8 away.

      https://thenextweb.com/apple/2017/09...oid-devices-g/
      I am not sure those "insane speeds" would be noticeable or useful, and even less whether they're worth 400 quid. You mean a page loads in 1/10 of a second instead of 2/10ths? I don't recall anybody moaning that the S6, 7 or 8 was slow.
    • #219
      Members The_Viper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      3,148


      0 Not allowed!
      $999 over here and the same there? Laughable it really is, but I get it, they're pushing the mugs every year until they find a threshold. Maybe this will be the price point people aren't willing to go to.
    • #220
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      32,046


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Viper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      $999 over here and the same there? Laughable it really is, but I get it, they're pushing the mugs every year until they find a threshold. Maybe this will be the price point people aren't willing to go to.
      I get the feeling you have to be very wealthy or very stupid to buy the X. If you really are rich, go for it, I bet it's lovely. But if not, there must be plenty of other ways to spend all that cash.
      Mattress shopping

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
yyy