Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could be a tribal thing? As football fans we are probably more prone to be in one camp or another, more so than your average punter.
    In my case I just got so pissed off with apples arrogance. The reliance on iTunes , no freedom in what I can download. Much less customisation.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Bozza, I had no idea you were so enamoured by Apple and their products. You've hid that well.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      Touch ID is brilliant though?
      Can it be brilliant and annoying at the same time?
      Squat Cobbler

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      In my case I just got so pissed off with apples arrogance. The reliance on iTunes , no freedom in what I can download. Much less customisation.
      Bizarre. I'm not sure any of my last 3 or 4 phones have ever been connected to iTunes.

You can download whatever you like onto an iPhone. My phones have never been jailbroken yet I download non-App Store apps from time to time as required.

Of course, Google want you to go via Play (or whatever they have changed the name to this month) because of the proliferation of malware in Android-land.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      Bozza, I had no idea you were so enamoured by Apple and their products. You've hid that well.
      I've also said numerous times that phones are now largely a commodity and all do the same thing, generally very well indeed. With a house full of MacBooks, iPads, a Mac mini connected to a TV and an Apple TV it just makes sense to have an iPhone because of the joined up nature of stuff that Apple have baked in precisely to make me keep buying iPhones.

I'll add that after sales service is also exceptional and, for me, well worth any "Apple tax". I have friends who have the occasional issue with an Android phone and they always seem to need to send it away for a week or two. The couple of times I've had an issue, even in another country, they've been quickly resolved at the first time of asking in an Apple Store.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brightonfan1983 View Post
      Can it be brilliant and annoying at the same time?
      I can be.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      I think Bozza is hoping at one of these launches that suddenly,the disembodied voice of Steve Jobs announces Hari Seldon style, that mankind will be saved as the next 37 generations of iPhone are being worked on in secret mountain labs...oh the dribbling!
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 2015

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotchegg View Post
      Been waiting on this for a couple months to spring my upgrade. I'm still in two minds about jumping ship, but having all my apps from the iOS app store is holding me back. Anyone that switched from iOS to android have any experience with this? Are a lot of the apps cross platform these days, or will I basically be waving goodbye to a ton of functionality and money spent
      Apple apps don't work on anything else, and vice versa.

ALSO - the new iOS is, so I read, going to be 64 bit as opposed to the present 32 bit (bear with me) and a lot of apps, if they were written before February, may not be updated to work with the new software. I went mental with a gift card once a couple of years ago, bought a few pretty pricey games, which *aren't* going to work in iOS11 or X or whatever. It's worth checking to see...
      https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...s-stop-working
      Squat Cobbler
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Each to their own. I use a blackberry z30, great phone. Using blackberry os10, shame BlackBerry didn't keep this instead of moving to android. Does what I need it to do.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Japan View Post
      I have just finished a 2 year contract on a Samsung S6, and was for a moment blinded by all the hot deals for new handsets. But actually, nothing represents much of an improvement on what I already have IMO.

So I did a SIM only deal for 10 quid a month. I am feeling virtuous.....
      I have a 5 sim only deal :very smug emoji:
      Squat Cobbler