soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
[tweet]907714163564273664[/tweet]

[tweet]907960897053761536[/tweet]

[tweet]907977559903756288[/tweet]

[tweet]908018191183605760[/tweet]

[tweet]907686251003871233[/tweet]

Just imagine what Inigo Calderon could do with one of these new IPhones....

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Simplest way to compare prices is to strip out VAT from the UK cost. Out of interest included Samsung's flagship S8+

Samsung S8+ in US - $825 plus sales tax.

Samsung S8+ in UK - £779 including VAT, therefore £649 plus VAT. = $856

Additional cost to buy in UK = $31 (to avoid confusion, the prices used are if buying direct from Samsung. We know there are bargains to be had).)

Iphone X = $999 plus sales tax

Iphone X in UK = £999 incl VAT, therefore £832 plus VAT = $1097

Additional cost to buying in UK =$98.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Weird that Apple are going large on wireless charging, edge-to-edge display and facial recognition, all of which the Galaxy has had for 3 generations. Am I missing something?

The last 5 pages or so apparently.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why do people who don't like or have an Apple phone get SO arsey about them? I don't like BMWs but I don't feel the need to wade in and slag them off when people are talking about how much they love them. I don't give a shit about androids, and I don't have one, but neither do I feel the need to run them down either :shrug:

I noticed this. Some on facebook was taking the piss out of the announcement yet from what I can see no-one even mentioned the new iphone to them initially. They just did it. Very odd

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why do people who don't like or have an Apple phone get SO arsey about them? I don't like BMWs but I don't feel the need to wade in and slag them off when people are talking about how much they love them.
Maybe because the media event around releasing the iPhone is bigger than announcing another BMW. The release is all over social media (NSC for example), and generally people over social media are gushing over the release, so of course you're going to get some saying they don't get it.

Imagine the same media circus around the next BMW 3 series and it's new bumper, with a price tag 70% higher than the equivalent motor.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Imagine the same media circus around the next BMW 3 series and it's new bumper, with a price tag 70% higher than the equivalent motor.

Welcome to Brexit Britain.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe because the media event around releasing the iPhone is bigger than announcing another BMW. The release is all over social media (NSC for example), and generally people over social media are gushing over the release, so of course you're going to get some saying they don't get it.

Haven't they already been there with the ridiculously priced Electric car that is titchy but costs 33k ? I didn't intend to buy one so no point in getting involved in the binfest about it.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Most iPhone owners I know are a little like Man Utd supporters, they buy them because they're 'popular'.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Haven't they already been there with the ridiculously priced Electric car that is titchy but costs 33k ? I didn't intend to buy one so no point in getting involved in the binfest about it.
Well firstly, I don't know if they did have a £33k electric car, because there wasn't a media circus about it. Was there a thread on here? Secondly, is that far more expensive than a similar car by a rival brand?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Most iPhone owners I know are a little like Man Utd supporters, they buy them because they're 'popular'.

Or we like them, I've had every model and would never change if I could help it! Most android users are more vociferous negatively towards apple than vice verca

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

They're not though. Samsung sell many more times phones than Apple do.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Or we like them, I've had every model and would never change if I could help it! Most android users are more vociferous negatively towards apple than vice verca
Maybe you should try a recent Android, brand loyalty is blinding you [emoji3]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here