Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    makes out WBA were on top in the first half, which is simply not true.
    It didn't say they were on top:
    "Without really exerting themselves in attack, West Brom had still managed to create the two best chances of the half. Brighton were dominating possession, but taking shot after shot from outside the area without any real hope of scoring. Ben Foster tried to help out by dropping one hit right at him, but Shane Duffy was well offside when he put in the rebound."

Mind you, no-one's better qualified than Crooks to understand what it takes to survive without having any discernible talent. So maybe we should be worried.
    Checking the league table

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      It didn't say they were on top:
      "Without really exerting themselves in attack, West Brom had still managed to create the two best chances of the half. Brighton were dominating possession, but taking shot after shot from outside the area without any real hope of scoring. Ben Foster tried to help out by dropping one hit right at him, but Shane Duffy was well offside when he put in the rebound."
      Makes out that that Brighton were quite ineffective and not looking at all like scoring anytime soon, which is simply not true.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      Makes out that that Brighton were quite ineffective and not looking at all like scoring anytime soon, which is simply not true.
      Fair enough.
      Checking the league table

0 Not allowed!
      Very good article. Not entirely accurate, as I think he underestimates Duffy and Propper, but all in all, a good read.

They also resisted the temptation to say that our survival hopes rest almost entirely on the shoulders of Gross, as he's our only good player. I've read this elsewhere and it shows that the person writing it has only bothered to actually watch the highlights of the West Brom game. Prior to that, Gross hasn't been great and it's good for the article to be honest and point that out. I'm sure he'll get better and better as time goes on.
      Took me years to realise that I spent my youth standing next to Steve Foster every week watching Sunday league football. Oops!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Meh. I'm waiting for Exile's report which will be far more accurate. Haven't seen it yet so he's obviously slacking as it's now Tuesday.

EDIT: Ok, seen the thread!

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Strange misuse of the word 'decency'.

0 Not allowed!
      Meh.

Liked this at the end though.

"Crystal Palace fans can only wish they felt the same way."
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Agreed, but I don't think the article said otherwise - although we were the best side in the first half, we didn't create a good chance until the goal (with Duffy's effort being well offside).
      March had a good shot, which unfortunately went straight to Foster.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      That's when the north stand started chanting Score in a minute, we're gonna score in a minute. It was obvious we were getting the upper hand. Barry's shot was the only danger point, which produced a great save from Ryan.
      Didn't hear that, but remembered thinking "this is the best we've played all season" and looking at the clock on 25min - and we kept it up until H/T and beyond. Really was a good performance.
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
      It's a well reasoned article in places but too negative. Rehashes the old Hughton being too cautious cliche and makes out WBA were on top in the first half, which is simply not true. They barely threatened. Wrong to call March's cross hopeful. It was a decent ball to a dangerous area. Insulting to Duffy, underestimates Propper. Follows the general patronising tone of national comment that has us currently as second relegation favourites despite finishing streets ahead of Huddersfield last season and comfortably matching Newcastle - who have barely strengthened at all. And that's not even starting on the circus at Selhurst, the shambles at West Ham, the increasing questions over Eddie Howe's poor signings and a Swansea side who have gambled with their replacements for the 2 players that kept them up last season.

Garth Crooks produced an article that was even worse - basically saying we only won because WBA couldn't be arsed and we're just not up to it.

Mind you, no-one's better qualified than Crooks to understand what it takes to survive without having any discernible talent. So maybe we should be worried.
      I think you're right in this. It's a pretty fair assessment, but a tad negative, especially about Propper and Duffy, but the ranking of players he's provided is not too far off what many of us would say, which goes something along the lines of:

First pool: Dunk, Knockaert, Gross, March, (Propper?), (Izquidero?)
      Second pool: Stephens, Duffy, Bruno(? at 37), (Ryan?)
      Third pool: Murray, Hemed, the absent Baldock, Suttner, Kayal, Sidwell, Hunemeier, Goldson, Rosenior, (Scholetto?)
      (The unexamined) Fourth pool: Murphy, Skalak, (Bong?)