Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Capture.PNG
:lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why is everyone so interested in people leaving early..They`ve paid for their seat and if they want to beat half time queue for Beer/pie or at the end for train or bus doesn`t bother me!!

I added that, slightly tongue in cheek given we have a replica top for over 14s thread and a cyclists thread, I thought I'd add the holy trinity of leaving early...just not in a new thread...great you felt the need to engage in the leaving early point though! :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why is everyone so interested in people leaving early..They`ve paid for their seat and if they want to beat half time queue for Beer/pie or at the end for train or bus doesn`t bother me!!

Other than the fact it facks the atmosphere therefore reducing enjoyment and increasing the chance of letting the lead slip, and people getting in the way of the view, nothing.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I agree the club are right not to sell sth unwanted seats until all others are sold, but I do not understand why we can not register them as available as soon as we know they are not going to be used. That way as soon as the match sells out, unused STH seats will be available to choose from meaning much more likely they will be sold. At the moment they must become available in ones and twos as people become aware the exchange is open, or, if like me , am unable to register before I go away for the Newcastle game , may not have to opportunity to put them up for resale

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There were quite a few empty seats around me in the North Stand - including a row of about 6 seats three rows in front of me.Rather worryingly, the bloke in the seat next to me for the City game wasn't there either - have I frightened him off already?

But although there were a few empty places, there were a lot fewer people leaving early,

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'd like it if they made those East Stand seats on the South side the same price as behind the goal to encourage those to be snapped up first. Wouldn't look so obvious on TV then when a game isn't sold out.

A proportion of those are for club employees and player friends/relatives I believe. (Not to be confused with the ESU South end WAG seats)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A proportion of those are for club employees and player friends/relatives I believe. (Not to be confused with the ESU South end WAG seats)

Ah yes, that makes sense with players who go over to that area etc. A shame they couldn't have them on the West side but I'm sure there are good practical reasons why not.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The club don't want to re-sell STH seats when they can sell their own seats.

The game only just sold out so the ticket exchange wasn't activated. It remains to be seen whether it would be the sparkly new automated exchange or the manual string and sellotape exchange from last season.

I'd estimate between 1 seat in 12 to 1 seat in 15 were empty across the North and East. I couldn't judge the West as I was sitting in it. I wasn't in my usual seat but I had an empty seat either side of me.

5% empty seats could be expected. I usually miss one game a season. Only one seat empty in E1F I could see but many more when the first two goals were scored!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is correct. When everyone was in their seats I thought that there were very few left empty. And these can be explained by natural wastage through holiday, sickness, and work commitments.

This.

It was rammed on Saturday. For the first hour, at least - I can't comment about later :whistle:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I do not understand why we can not register them as available as soon as we know they are not going to be used. That way as soon as the match sells out, unused STH seats will be available to choose from meaning much more likely they will be sold. At the moment they must become available in ones and twos as people become aware the exchange is open, or, if like me , am unable to register before I go away for the Newcastle game , may not have to opportunity to put them up for resale

The exchange as it was last season and for the Manchester City game was highly manual and a creative workaround put in place by the club. I'd imagine it was a complete ballache for them to operate and process.

There is new properly automated ticket exchange coming online at some point, but it remains to be seen whether that will permit STHs to flag up their ticket is available for resale ahead of time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fair point but I'm pretty the spaces were the same for the 3rd goal as well.

This.

From the NS at every game you can clearly see patches of empty seats in the ESL (bar Wigan and Bristol City).

Strange.

I can only think that families with more money than sense, who's hearts aren't in the Albion as their first club, jumped on the Albion bandwagon so bought blocks of adjacent s/t's, but can't be bothered with the palaver of the travel to and from. But they won't give them up, in case of really big games.

I expect the gaps will disappear for Liverpool and ManU at home.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Some fans are better than others, apparently, and they feel the need to tell others that they are. In a word, Precious.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This.

From the NS at every game you can clearly see patches of empty seats in the ESL (bar Wigan and Bristol City).

Strange.

I can only think that families with more money than sense, who's hearts aren't in the Albion as their first club, jumped on the Albion bandwagon so bought blocks of adjacent s/t's, but can't be bothered with the palaver of the travel to and from. But they won't give them up, in case of really big games.

I expect the gaps will disappear for Liverpool and ManU at home.

May not be just not being bothered with the palaver, could be down to where their first team are playing.

Withdean Chappy

Jul 21, 2017
Westdean

Five minutes can result in arriving home 30 mins early, which is appreciated by others in the family who want to eat together before going out for the evening,if a goal is missed then Match of the day will show it,no problem

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Five minutes can result in arriving home 30 mins early, which is appreciated by others in the family who want to eat together before going out for the evening,if a goal is missed then Match of the day will show it,no problem

Quite. And with an 80 minute drive this can be a big deal. Not everyone lives in effing Hollingbury or Moulscombe!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here