Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty Seats

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Five minutes can result in arriving home 30 mins early, which is appreciated by others in the family who want to eat together before going out for the evening,if a goal is missed then Match of the day will show it,no problem

I rather think you're missing the point darling - the players, well fiscally compensated for their efforts as they are, would I'm sure appreciate your show of appreciation as they leave the field with 3 hard earned points. Can banks of empty blue seats do the same job?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
May not be just not being bothered with the palaver, could be down to where their first team are playing.

Good point, Arsenal were at home.

I know quite a few people born and bred in Brighton and Hove, who switched as adults to Arsenal when they finally starting winning things under Graham then Wenger. They have s/t's at the Library but have signed up to the Albion in the last couple of years.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Quite. And with an 80 minute drive this can be a big deal. Not everyone lives in effing Hollingbury or Moulscombe!

True but, as a general rule, what on earth is the point of coming to a football match and not waiting to see who wins? I will never understand it. A minute or so I grant you may not make that much of a difference but leaving on 80 or 85 mins as a matter of course (of course there will always be reasons why some need to go early) just seems the oddest of things to do. If it matters that much when you get home you may as well not bother. It's not about being a better fan but I do think it makes a difference to the players and if leaving early makes even 0.1% of a negative difference to your team, why would you? But of course each to their own.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
A very small diversion of this thread.
I'm in East Upper right outside the eighteen yard box North End.
Been there since they opened East Upper - love the view and the people around me.
I've had eleven empty seats next to me and behind me for the last three years. All of these are open to 'randoms'.
So I can have old fellas/old wimmin and everyone in between sitting around me including four Leeds that got kicked out last season :blush:
I now have a hard bloke two rows behind me who doesn't get my sense of humour since I took photos of the empty seats around me.
He came and nearly sat on my lap in the last five minutes on Saturday being aggressive to an old fella of my age 61 fffsake.

Should I leave it and kiss him on the head and shake his hand.

Beat him up a mile away from the Amex.

Beat up his dad. :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A very small diversion of this thread.
I'm in East Upper right outside the eighteen yard box North End.
Been there since they opened East Upper - love the view and the people around me.
I've had eleven empty seats next to me and behind me for the last three years. All of these are open to 'randoms'.
So I can have old fellas/old wimmin and everyone in between sitting around me including four Leeds that got kicked out last season :blush:
I now have a hard bloke two rows behind me who doesn't get my sense of humour since I took photos of the empty seats around me.
He came and nearly sat on my lap in the last five minutes on Saturday being aggressive to an old fella of my age 61 fffsake.

Should I leave it and kiss him on the head and shake his hand.

Beat him up a mile away from the Amex.

Beat up his dad. :moo:

Text Barber his seat number and snitch to get him banned.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why is everyone so interested in people leaving early..They`ve paid for their seat and if they want to beat half time queue for Beer/pie or at the end for train or bus doesn`t bother me!!

It doesn't bother me in the slightest but I am a bit puzzled by folks obsession/desperation with getting a half time pint when it's to the detriment of our first goals in the new league. And it might make a bit more sense if the pint buying process wasn't so expensive and torturous. I really don't understand. Can anyone enlighten me?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No I'll sort it but thanks for your invisible post :moo:

Sort it out. I get your drift.

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It doesn't bother me in the slightest but I am a bit puzzled by folks obsession/desperation with getting a half time pint when it's to the detriment of our first goals in the new league. And it might make a bit more sense if the pint buying process wasn't so expensive and torturous. I really don't understand. Can anyone enlighten me?

Totally this.

I have zero understanding of getting up before the half time whistle just because you want some beer. Especially when it takes so long.

Each to their own.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I once went to the Amex dressed as an empty seat. Unfortunately I had to return home and change my clothing because I didn't want to look like most of the remainder of the Amex.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Now there was me thinking we were the only club in the EPL who had this enormous empty seat syndrome; and then I watch tonight's game at the London Stadium.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The club should hire some Seat Fillers for those awkward moments when the club is on TV and there are swathes of empty seats at the Amex...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Five minutes can result in arriving home 30 mins early, which is appreciated by others in the family who want to eat together before going out for the evening,if a goal is missed then Match of the day will show it,no problem

I rather think you're missing the point darling - the players, well fiscally compensated for their efforts as they are, would I'm sure appreciate your show of appreciation as they leave the field with 3 hard earned points. Can banks of empty blue seats do the same job?

In fact scrap that, you're yet another Palace fan masquerading as BHA on here as your posting history shows.

MODS!!!!!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Leaving early is a tough one. We left at the final Whistle, 90 + 5 with 3 year old and 7 year old. My Brother in law left bang on 88mins and they were at their car almost an hour before we go to ours on the park and ride. It was ok, small amount of rain but my boys were a pain, needing a wee, etc so I can see why folk do it and have been guilty myself. If there is anything riding on the game, first win in PL, only one goal behind/in-front they we will we stop to the bitter end. You could see from Glen Murray's reaction last season that they players do notice. They must think folk have given up on them,, if they are only a goal down this can make all the difference,

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
30,381 seats paid for. We follow the Arsenal method of seats sold rather than those really there.

What you mean like every single other club?

People should really get to some away games too. Nothing like having a 49k gate announced at St.James with about 30k present, or even vicarage road which was almost empty by the final whistle. King Power also emptied way faster than the Amex has done since Hyypia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here