Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Merson

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Merson belatedly rates us.

In a long call with Talkshite early this morning, in which he was depressed about the plight of Arsenal, he praised Dunk and Duffy saying they're far better than their centre-backs and would improve their defence immediately.

He's still a plank.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

In a long call with Talkshite early this morning, in which he was depressed about the plight of Arsenal, he praised Dunk and Duffy saying they're far better than their centre-backs and would improve their defence immediately.

He's still a plank.
I think 99.99% of Brighton fans could have told them that , how much does he get paid for stating the obvious ...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
At least Garth Crooks has had the balls to admit he might have got his call for us to go back down with a whimper wrong in his Team of the Week

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

He's still a plank.

Problem with all these pundits on MOTD and sky is they are so obsessed with the top 6 they actually seem to barely research much else. All their comments are so reactionary . Telling us things we already know and can see ourselves. You don't really get any decent analysis on the lower sides that makes you think - yeah , hadn't really looked at it that way.

Expect the pundits will now start saying we are decent etc for a while . . . reactionary yet again !!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They simply know or knew nothing about our squad , Gross for me has been and hopefully will continue to be simply superb , Merson said you buy players for that little money and one in 25 (wtf ?) will be able to play a part in the Premier League , but he is pivotal to us , he binds the side together and his influence has started to really show in the last few games , he has the pace of a heavy ladened african swallow yet still manages to be all over the pitch , so it seems , Izquierdo has found his feet and the greyhound is settling in nicely , our bench now looks class , i'm of course not counting any chickens but i would be astonished and gutted if we fail to stay up with the fully fit squad we have at the moment , lets be honest at the start of the season most of us would have taken 17th spot , anything above that must be seen as a absolute belter of a season , and i guess the pundits felt the same way about our chances , we're not safe yet by any means but we can compete , we just have to have a bit of belief in our own ability to score against the big boys .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In fairness to him here, predicting a final table is horribly hard and alot of those guesses are pretty close to the mark. I suspect that most people would fail to get many right in a final table prediction.

For the non top 6, he simply went by perceived squad quality (wages, squad cost & PL know how) and his ranking would also be very similar to that of the bookies. With one minor sticking-his-neck-out; that Watford would drop, which looks wildly wrong. He under estimated Liverpool again ... no surprise, as they're one of the clubs he sticks his non-expert stilletos into in his tipsy Saturday afternoon diatribes.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A few months ago he was calling one of our games on Soccer Saturday, Jeff asked him what his thoughts were on Brighton now he’s had the opportunity to see us a few times, he said we’ll be fine, defenders are good, midfielders are so comfortable on the ball, playing some nice stuff, didn’t see us in any danger. I’ve only heard him talk about us twice and both times he’s been positive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A few months ago he was calling one of our games on Soccer Saturday, Jeff asked him what his thoughts were on Brighton now he’s had the opportunity to see us a few times, he said we’ll be fine, defenders are good, midfielders are so comfortable on the ball, playing some nice stuff, didn’t see us in any danger. I’ve only heard him talk about us twice and both times he’s been positive.

You may not remember exactly, but was that around the time of our Swansea away win? At that time, the media and pundits seemed to rate us, for obvious reasons.

Although often slagged off by public, the one pundit I came across still rating us as staying up when we were on the awful run, was Lawrenson. Biased, possibly.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
In fairness to him here, predicting a final table is horribly hard and alot of those guesses are pretty close to the mark. I suspect that most people would fail to get many right in a final table prediction.

Exactly. Nobody on here would be able to guess the correct positions. And now we beat Swansea we were NEVER going down were we !!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What a time to play Arsenal! I confidently expect a Brighton win.

I really hope so but they will see it as a 3 point game, a chance to stay in the pack and get some confidence back, Wenger will have them dusted down by Sunday.
I hope they have no confidence now, that they have almost given up, maybe trouble behind the scenes, but I don't see that with a club like Arsenal.
But without doubt a good time to play them.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"No disrespect to Brighton......." **** off Merson you ignorant

IMG_1327.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here