Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Blair wanted British Football League.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your suggestion kind of devalues war criminality. If Blair had been tried as a war criminal years ago he would have been found not guilty years ago.

If Blair was tried with the same charges as those at Nuremberg in 1945 then I wouldn't be so sure. They were charged with: "Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances..."

Prima Facie, it would appear that he and Bush would be caught bang to rights on all 4 stages of that charge.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tony Blair has just revealed how he became obsessed with creating a British Football League, as a way of uniting the UK.

What do we think?
I think he failed. In fact, despite this apparent obsession, we didn't even notice he was trying.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Tony Blair has just revealed how he became obsessed with creating a British Football League, as a way of uniting the UK.

What do we think?

Apart from being a war criminal and being responsible for the deaths of our own soldiers & many innocent civilians throughout the world....

I think it is actually a fecking retarded idea and one which would only come from someone who does not understand football or the what real people think.... As usual

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Your suggestion kind of devalues war criminality. If Blair had been tried as a war criminal years ago he would have been found not guilty years ago. It would have been different if "Finding yourself too far up America's bottom" was a crime. He might have copped that one, and would now be sharing a cell with Liam Fox.

And Scotland joining the league? Inverness v Brighton would involve a 1200-mile round trip so no.[/B] Anyway, we don't have enough things to call our own in England.

He would have been guilty of something because there was clear public deception and criminal negligence involved. He betrayed the country and our military by going into an illegal war in our name. If any other leader did this we would expect them to hang in their country without much of a trial. Being locked up in your own home would still be soft for what he did but at least his movement would be restricted and he wouldn't enjoy all his globe hopping at the cost to the taxpayer.

The last time a British league was contemplated was over 20 years ago so Blair is living in a different time zone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Rangers and Celtic were very keen at the time and a proposal was being muted - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1682563.stm

nothing in that link mentions Rangers or Celtic being in favour it. Last time something similar came up a few years ago Celtic were pretty dismissive (and Rangers i think were in Scottish Division Naughty step so stayed out of it). i gained the impression that there more people in England suggesting they want to join English league than there is in Glasgow.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As much an odious *****tain corrupt murderer as Sammy Lee is an odious *****tain useless waste of oxygen.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
nothing in that link mentions Rangers or Celtic being in favour it. Last time something similar came up a few years ago Celtic were pretty dismissive (and Rangers i think were in Scottish Division Naughty step so stayed out of it). i gained the impression that there more people in England suggesting they want to join English league than there is in Glasgow.

At the time of the Phoenix League proposal at the start of the century, Celtic and Rangers were very keen, the opposition then was from Premier League clubs - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/1708267.stm

I can recall it all very well, thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here