Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBackHome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite.

Olly Burke came on and immediately moved them 15 yards further up the pitch.
    Burke clocked at running 21.83 mph.

Brighton = blue
    Albion = white
    Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      Beacause it was the same in EVERY game last season?
      And how did last season turn out?
      How did the West Brom game turn out for that matter?

It's as if Hughton knows what he's doing innit.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

1 Not allowed!
      Beacause it was the same in EVERY game last season?
      Every game? Birmingham away scoring the winner in the 97th minute?
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Every game? Birmingham away scoring the winner in the 97th minute?
      I may have been exaggerating slightly, but obviously I meant every game that we were winning.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

1 Not allowed!
      I may have been exaggerating slightly, but obviously I meant every game that we were winning.
      That shows you how good our defence is.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazz15 View Post
      Ok it was a great win and much needed, I understand we decided to close shop and allow West Brom to come onto us, but for heaven's sake!

Had they got a second goal, which they almost did, it would have put the wrong complexion on the match, and left us hanging on desperately, when it really was not that close for the first 70 minutes.

Grateful for the well deserved win and 3 points BUT I shudder to think how many points this may cost us during the season, if we try to hang on too much?
      Interesting that the dip on the pitch for the last 15 mins coincided with a dip in singing around the ground. Just before WBA scored I was thinking that the crowd need to lift the players to see them through to the final whistle. At 3-0 up it felt like the crowd and the players thought it was job done...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      My feeling about that time when there was a lull at 3-0, was I guessed everyone's collective thoughts were on the same lines...
      As the WBA right back had the ball on the corner doing nothing with it at one point - all of a sudden, whether from his own initiative or instructions, suddenly he and then the rest upped their urgency levels - and applied the 'professional' approach contrasting to Norwich players here last year - of not wanting to appear to be the one looking like he was accepting likely defeat, which translated to the team and edginess of the crowd (and I think after that was the first period I heard anything of the away following from the EN corner.
      Norwich players were accused of giving up, but I think that was probably unfair, rather accusing them of that was more bearable to their collective egos than accepting they were actually second best in the game by a big margin.
      You could say Norwich players were guilty of conserving effort but that runs contrary to the seemingly accepted player etiquette of always refusing to accept defeat to a team they consider below or equal to themselves, regardless of the likely outcome. So even if it's a 100-1 chance against getting 3 goals in the last 15 minutes no player wants to stick out as accepting that likelihood.
      So for appearance sakes to their fans - it seems like their effort came too late or their subs were more effective than their starting team.
      They scored a well-worked goal that sneaked in and held out after, so all's well etc.
      The last ten minutes against Burnley in 2015/16 - now that was agonising!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Why do people always think WE DECIDED to shut up shop? There is another team on a football pitch whose own play can dictate what happens. I don't think we intentionally 'close shop' at all, I think West Brom were beat, and if anything we looked like getting a 4th, but they did get a goal and that was a shot in the arm for them, and they suddenly hurried and harried us whereas previous to that, they hadn't.
      I think it's a bit of this and a bit of having been a bit too cocky for 5 minutes and getting scorned for it. Saw the game out well. WB were always going to create chances near the end (aerially esp) and it was vital we put bodies in the box. Saw the game out well, albeit slightly desperately.

1 Not allowed!
      Here we go (again) we play well and win, but it's not enough for some, who must moan regardless.

Forget game management, we're 3-0 up lets throw everyone forward in search of a 4th, thereby leaving ourselves wide open for conceding goals and getting pegged back.

The back 4 unit have 3 internationals and 1 who is being touted as being able to win an England call up, but no, they're not to be trusted to defend and see the game out, we must attack at all times.

Just leave it to CH he does know what he's doing, alternatively come along to the live QA with Paul Barber and demand that NSC sets out the tactics that the team must adopt.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      Here we go (again) we play well and win, but it's not enough for some, who must moan regardless.

Forget game management, we're 3-0 up lets throw everyone forward in search of a 4th, thereby leaving ourselves wide open for conceding goals and getting pegged back.

The back 4 unit have 3 internationals and 1 who is being touted as being able to win an England call up, but no, they're not to be trusted to defend and see the game out, we must attack at all times.

Just leave it to CH he does know what he's doing, alternatively come along to the live QA with Paul Barber and demand that NSC sets out the tactics that the team must adopt.
      Discussion is allowed, you know! It is possible to be a fervent supporter of CH and all he does, but still not enjoy the way the last 15 minutes often seem to pan out.