Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

The Last 15, was it really necessary to be sooo negative....

2 Not allowed!
    Ok it was a great win and much needed, I understand we decided to close shop and allow West Brom to come onto us, but for heaven's sake!

Had they got a second goal, which they almost did, it would have put the wrong complexion on the match, and left us hanging on desperately, when it really was not that close for the first 70 minutes.

Grateful for the well deserved win and 3 points BUT I shudder to think how many points this may cost us during the season, if we try to hang on too much?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

3 Not allowed!
      Players were knackered. Having to sub Bruno didn't help.

I was surprised Knockaert seemed to be on his arse though, except in the 90th+ minute when he found a bit of space and magically found some energy to dart down the line
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Members

18 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazz15 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ok it was a great win and much needed, I understand we decided to close shop and allow West Brom to come onto us, but for heaven's sake!

Had they got a second goal, which they almost did, it would have put the wrong complexion on the match, and left us hanging on desperately, when it really was not that close for the first 70 minutes.

Grateful for the well deserved win and 3 points BUT I shudder to think how many points this may cost us during the season, if we try to hang on too much?
      Why do people always think WE DECIDED to shut up shop? There is another team on a football pitch whose own play can dictate what happens. I don't think we intentionally 'close shop' at all, I think West Brom were beat, and if anything we looked like getting a 4th, but they did get a goal and that was a shot in the arm for them, and they suddenly hurried and harried us whereas previous to that, they hadn't.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Players were knackered. Having to sub Bruno didn't help.

I was surprised Knockaert seemed to be on his arse though, except in the 90th+ minute when he found a bit of space and magically found some energy to dart down the line
      I think it may be because he didn't have a full pre-season & is still playing catch up fitness wise.

12 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Why do people always think WE DECIDED to shut up shop? There is another team on a football pitch whose own play can dictate what happens. I don't think we intentionally 'close shop' at all, I think West Brom were beat, and if anything we looked like getting a 4th, but they did get a goal and that was a shot in the arm for them, and they suddenly hurried and harried us whereas previous to that, they hadn't.
      Beacause it was the same in EVERY game last season?
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Bold, Odd that, I was down in the South west corner, where for the last 10+ mins Nyom the fullback and Burke were pretty much stationed, and rained in a lot of crosses. We had no attacking intent, and were merely clearing the ball back to WBA best we could imho.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      This
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Pretty much this really. Plus as others have said, we had given everything and were pretty knackered with about 15 minutes left. We have always been a counter attacking team under Chris Hughton anyway, and don't mind letting the opposition have the ball in areas where they can't do us any harm.

1 Not allowed!
      70 minutes seems to be becoming our Achilles heel. The composure and concentration excellently employed by our lads up until then must take an immense mental as well as physical toll. But they can hardly be accused of caving in then, just a bit of stoic hanging on required as WBA decided to start playing.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      It wasn't. And when it was, it was generally against a good side trying to get back into the game. AGAIN, it's not always our decision, because if a team is behind in the last 15mins, they take risks, they throw everyone forward. It's rare you can just knock the ball about and keep pressing forward unless you really are a step up in quality from the team you are playing. Same when we were behind, you start throwing everything at the other team.