Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank De Feat - SACKED

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure how much we should be taking the mickey out of Palarse.....in retrospect don't we wish we'd done the same with Hyypia?

On the other hand, it is quite enjoyable to have a chuckle at the moment.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I'm not sure how much we should be taking the mickey out of Palarse.....in retrospect don't we wish we'd done the same with Hyypia?

On the other hand, it is quite enjoyable to have a chuckle at the moment.

But then we may never have got Hughton.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, as we wouldn't have known Hyypia was shìte after 4 games. Hyypia's exit was handled in the correct, dignified manner. Yes, we were poor for half a season, but nobody can accuse the club of not giving the manager a chance.

The problem for Palace is that nobody is going to take that job with long term aspirations in mind. Why would they? Unless your name is Alan Pardew, you don't get given a chance.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Such a shame he was a perfect match for them.???

Animation9.gif

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
On last night's 606, Ian Wright went to great lengths insisted that Prince Charming wasn't the sort of chairman to get rid of his manager after 4 games.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What I find most irritating is the sheer sense of entitlement from a club like Palace. The response from Parish following the Burnleh loss was more in line with either Barcelona losing their first four fixtures in La Liga - or a team scratching for its first win in, say, November. BUT FOUR GAMES IN? SERIOUSLY? And to to think we have fans at the Albion bemoaning Tony Bloom because he failed to secure all of our transfer targets....
The fans are as bad though. As soon as it started going tits up a lot of them were moaning about the FDB appointment and saying they should have got Sean Dyche instead.

Not that I disagree that Dyche would have been a much better fit for the long ball style which is all they are capable of, but the sense of entitlement that he would leave Burnley for their shithouse club was unbelievable.

They just don't get what they are.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Totally Palace. Make a big hoo-hah about getting in a progressive manager with a remit to change the entire footballing ethos at the club and then hit the panic button and get shot at the first hint of trouble. No class. No class whatsoever. Totally tinpot.

I love it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I effing love threads like this on NSC.

4 matches to change a playing style then replaced by a man who has "managed" a few clubs out of the premeir league. Well if Hodgson is the undertaker hes shown up at a right graveyard for logical chairmen.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No, as we wouldn't have known Hyypia was shìte after 4 games. Hyypia's exit was handled in the correct, dignified manner. Yes, we were poor for half a season, but nobody can accuse the club of not giving the manager a chance.

The problem for Palace is that nobody is going to take that job with long term aspirations in mind. Why would they? Unless your name is Alan Pardew, you don't get given a chance.

100%

Sami was allowed to resign. The club backed him until the end and gave him every chance. They showed that they were responsible for getting him in, so they should back him.

What Parish has done, whilst not unethical, is questionable on so many levels. He clearly has no master plan for Palace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But then we may never have got Hughton.

Hughton was out of work at the time, so could well have been a candidate even then - we just left him unemployed a further three months before engaging his services. But yeh, you're right, I wouldn't want to change things now, bearing in mind how things have ultimately worked out.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring , Roy its Stevie baby , fancy a job ?

RoyHodgson-banging-head-wall-WestBrom-1325527686t.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here