Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you swap stephens for barnes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And there I was, reading on 1st September that we were doomed as we hadn't signed 2 £10 million strikers :)
Well many of us think Stephens is good enough, and having broken our transfer record we assume Propper is too. And Kayal and Sidwell seem like reasonable backup. The problem is just that 2 of them are injured right now, so we can't afford to lose another.

That hasn't been the case with strikers. Baldock is out for a good while and we don't have a replacement or competition, but Gross has just had a good game and maybe he can do a job there. So for the time being, coping without another striker is easier than coping without Stephens, IMO.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
There couldn't be a bigger example of wanting a player and not wanting a player.

We wanted Stephens and refused his transfer request.
We sold Barnes for less ten times less than the 'expert' Barnes lovers thought he was worth.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
right now , straight swap .....i know people have differing views on both players and someone asked me this in the boozer today and i couldn't give a straight answer.

they then asked if an ulloa / setphens swap would be acceptable to which i was inclined to answer yes but the barnes one really stumped me.

??????

No chance

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Given how much Stephens did for us last year i'd say no, i liked Barnes and never understood why he was booed, if barnes is available in the new year at a reasonably small price id say take a punt on him but let stephens come into his own like he did last year and then he'll boss the midfield

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
right now , straight swap .....i know people have differing views on both players and someone asked me this in the boozer today and i couldn't give a straight answer.

they then asked if an ulloa / setphens swap would be acceptable to which i was inclined to answer yes but the barnes one really stumped me.

??????

Stay off the booze mate, ridiculous thread. Barnes (Striker), Stephens (Midfield), Ulloa (Striker). WTF..........:shrug:

:facepalm:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
From what I can make out, Stephens appears to be learning pretty quickly that his job is NOT to give the ball away. Such errors will get severely punished, particularly by those in the top half of the table where it is the difference to having a chance of a result or not. Prosser seems to be in the same boat. If they can learn and improve further as evidenced against WBA we will have a shout at survivng this season and be in a better position to develop the team for next season. Stephens is a keeper for me for now.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not at the moment, but 3 weeks ago maybe. We have always been able to sign decent central midfielders yet can only sign 1 striker every 2 seasons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here