Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you swap stephens for barnes.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I must admit that for whopping £45k a week Stephens does seem to have the easiest time in the squad....

...receive ball, turn left and play it backwards (rinse and repeat)

Obviously its not that simplistic, but no marauding runs at pace, hard tackling, sweeping diagonal balls (ala Dunk) etc.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You must be ****ing joking! Not a ****ing clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I must admit I don't remember seeing a lot of Stephens so far this season. He's obviously on the pitch, just don't remember him standing out much.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I must admit that for whopping £45k a week Stephens does seem to have the easiest time in the squad....

...receive ball, turn left and play it backwards (rinse and repeat)

Obviously its not that simplistic, but no marauding runs at pace, hard tackling, sweeping diagonal balls (ala Dunk) etc.

Have you entertained the thought that perhaps this is what he is being told to do? ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No and I was a big Barnes fan.

Stephens is a good player, he just needs to start showing it at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like Barnes enough, but we've got more of a central midfield shortage than striker shortage right now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
like Barnes, but doesnt really seem like for like comparison to swap. or is it one of those dilema games? lets see, would you swap Dunk for Drinkwater?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Of all the stupid questions that people with no knowledge of football could ask: this is the first one I've read today.
You should have slapped him around the face.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
right now , straight swap .....i know people have differing views on both players and someone asked me this in the boozer today and i couldn't give a straight answer.

they then asked if an ulloa / setphens swap would be acceptable to which i was inclined to answer yes but the barnes one really stumped me.

??????

Up until Saturday morning, I'd have swapped Dale for my Gran and she's be dead 10 years.
I always liked the guy but thought he had a shocking start to the season, useless off the ball and worse on it and I would have dropped him in a heart-beat.

After saturday's game I am so glad that Chris kept the faith with him as he showed he deserves to be there.

Barnes... nice guy but still can't hit a barn door without a map.

Dale stays.

Ulloa...? So so so so so want him back. He would be perfect as the big target man up front being fed cross after cross.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I like Barnes enough, but we've got more of a central midfield shortage than striker shortage right now.

And there I was, reading on 1st September that we were doomed as we hadn't signed 2 £10 million strikers :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here