Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Can't stand him. Clearly thinks the way to make a name for himself is to be loud and confrontational the whole time even when his opinion is clearly nonsense. In many ways he's not wrong - he makes a loud, shouty point and lo and behold 5live lead with the headline, "Chris Sutton believes....blah blah blah" WHO CARES WHAT HE THINKS! Turn off the radio when he's on.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Yes, yes, this is all well and good, but has Sutton been NASTY about us...?
      'Cause I know that you know that we know they don't know what's going on.

1 Not allowed!
      He's there to make waves. I think he's a tool but that is kinda the point.

0 Not allowed!
      This isn't the first time. I heard him a few weeks ago on Talk Sport (I think, may have been 5 live?).

He was taking on all comers in a highly aggressive manner. Like others have mentioned, he has probably adopted this"Style" to make him be noticed.

Bit like Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan.
      "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Carrot Cruncher View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes, yes, this is all well and good, but has Sutton been NASTY about us...?
      Yesterday on the radio praised our weekend performance without any caveats
      The Designated Survivor Ninja Elephant's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      He's the same everytime he is on. Aggressive, unhappy and bordering on coming across as a nutter.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      Agreed. He looked properly angry with Chappers, and there was genuine exasperation coming back from Chappers. It did look like something was kicking off between them, and would have loved for the red button to have had coverage of them throughout the show. I;d have been watching that over the games, just to see how bad it was getting.
      It's the same when they're both on Five Live. Chappers regularly takes little pot shots at him, as do other guests. Like others have said, he seems to take a contrary point of view for the sake of it and then ignores any arguments against, getting increasingly angry. I hit the off switch when I hear he's on.
      That's the number for Albion information. Every day, 24 hours a day.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Alba Badger View Post
      He's there to make waves. I think he's a tool but that is kinda the point.
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
      This isn't the first time. I heard him a few weeks ago on Talk Sport (I think, may have been 5 live?).

He was taking on all comers in a highly aggressive manner. Like others have mentioned, he has probably adopted this"Style" to make him be noticed.

Bit like Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan.
      These. I'm in no doubt that these people are put up to the 'controversial' with the qualification that they've 'played the game at the highest level'. To be honest, they come across like that, but then the next minute it's forgotten and it's onto the next thing. That just seems to be the way media is these days: outrage at someone/something and then it's all forgotten and it's onto the next big thing. Sutton does seem to stand out as a negative/miserable/controversial pundit, but it's exactly that – he stands out. And therefore it creates an interest in him and what he's doing.

It doesn't help that I'm a massive cynic. I read something earlier about a 'spat' between Richard Hammond and Steve Coogan. My initial reaction was: publicity stunt – someone's either struggling for viewers/ratings or they've got something new coming up that they want/need to plug. I'm convinced a lot of these 'stories' are just fabricated, just to grab attention.

0 Not allowed!
      Him & Chappers are regular sparring partners on 5live football daily's The Monday Night Club. I find it quite entertaining & he often talks a lot of sense; he is a very angry man though.
      Tiptoe, through the North Stand,
      Wiv yer boots on......

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullRic View Post
      said he was the most miserable, grumpy and angry man ever. Cutting wit apparently but was prone to regular absolute hissy fits whenever he got out, throwing his kit all over the show and god forbid you dropped a catch off his bowling!
      Probably Mrs Sutton's fault. Behind every angry man at work is a woman who makes his life hell at home.

And this may not help. Imagine having everything he had only to completely blow it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...al-advice.html

ps) he also has five children