Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MotD2 last night - Chris Sutton

1 Not allowed!
    What is wrong with him? Seemed extremely pissed off throughout, on the verge of a proper argument with an increasingly exasperated Chappers throughout the show, and it got to the point of actually making for slightly uncomfortable viewing.

He seemed like a man being forced to do a job he absolutely hates. Thoughts?
    ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive *******s."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Faceman

0 Not allowed!
      When he first starting giving his opinions/analysis he seemed to disagree with a lot of the other pundits, but would explain why and was fairly friendly. Now on any show I hear/see him on it's almost as if someone has told him in advance "Can you disagree with what everyone has said and pick arguments for the sake of it".

1 Not allowed!
      "He won't be asked back in a hurry" I said.

They all lost their way on the high boot point I thought and I got frustrated at all of them.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
      He found a niche in the commentator market where he simply disagrees with anything even if it's glaringly the wrong choice to disagree with and then gets paid very well for it , unlike the other multitude of yes i agree lickers i quite like his style if indeed style is the correct phrase .
      "SOLLY MARCH IS GIVING JOHNATHAN GROUNDS A ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE "

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What is wrong with him? Seemed extremely pissed off throughout, on the verge of a proper argument with an increasingly exasperated Chappers throughout the show, and it got to the point of actually making for slightly uncomfortable viewing.

Agreed. He looked properly angry with Chappers, and there was genuine exasperation coming back from Chappers. It did look like something was kicking off between them, and would have loved for the red button to have had coverage of them throughout the show. I;d have been watching that over the games, just to see how bad it was getting.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I like to see opposing views from pundits but he was slightly arrogant about his views. He won't last long because he will alienate viewers. If his contract is not a long term contract he won't last the season

1 Not allowed!
      Hilarious viewing. When Chappers was talking about 'if' FDB goes would a new manager change the playing system and I honestly thought he was going to tell him to f*** off and nut him. Looked incredulous, almost livid.
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      My lads LOVE Sutton, because he is always on the verge of a FIGHT. Makes for very entertaining / uncomfortable viewing. They often watch SPL games* on BT sport, just for the friction between Sutton and Steven Craigan. They seem to hate each other.

They don't even watch the actual game, just the half time and final analysis!
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      I find Sutton blandness personified - bland hair, bland face, bland clothes, bland personality.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Friend of mine used to play cricket with him in Norfolk where he's based (first eleven county league, apparently Sutton was a class act with the bat) and said he was the most miserable, grumpy and angry man ever. Cutting wit apparently but was prone to regular absolute hissy fits whenever he got out, throwing his kit all over the show and god forbid you dropped a catch off his bowling!

Suggests his confrontational style on MOTD isn't just an act, sounds like a right CJTC if you ask me
      :falmerspi