Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concern

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm getting a little worried that some of our resident nigels have gone - I don't see any of them featuring smugly on here. It's a shame, because their usual posts are sorely missed. In the meantime, whilst we wait for them to find their way back on here, if we could all post some of their recent gems, I'm sure that will keep the hope in our hearts that they haven't died all in some freak accident involving paper clips and stationery:

Yep, no doubts we are in trouble but we have the players to turn it around. Not sure the same can be said for you. Well done on your point vs 10 man (for over 70 minutes) Watford by the way...

Yes, but you don't know anything about football so that's no surprise. Actually, your players are shite which is why you won about twice in 2016 and why Frank The Bore can't get them to do as he says, and why you haven't got any points despite having played 2 of the "easiest" games of the season.

Thanks. Mind the gap. :bigwave:

I wonder if this gentleman is still chuckling at my "mind the gap" comment? :bigwave:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So, [MENTION=29419]Return of the Makh[/MENTION], as arguably the NSC nigel who is most full of crap - when exactly are you "returning" to tell us how it really is?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I remember Dougie saying last season that his Palace team were years ahead of ours

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I remember Dougie saying last season that his Palace team were years ahead of ours

Oh they're light years ahead, I'm sure.

Sadly though, seeing as there is a good chance they will be on 0 points at the end of October (yes OCTOBER), I'm afraid Smuggy is unlikely to be on here to tell you what (s)he meant by that any time soon.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Typical Palace - trying to overshadow our first win by breaking a PL record.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
[MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION], are you there? You're light years ahead of us aren't you? Chop chop, come and tell us. :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They always survive in the end though Sim, despite enduring lengthy periods of the sort of abysmal form that would see most teams relegated by Easter. Somehow, they make it through. So while I'm allowing myself a small chuckle at their plight (and seriously contemplating naming my new cat Frank) I refuse to allow myself to get too carried away, due to the sheer inevitability of them turning it around.

They are the footballing equivalent of cockroaches in the apocalypse.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon they are not on NSC as they are all doing as much overtime at work as possible to pay for supporting Palace in Europe next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They always survive in the end though Sim, despite enduring lengthy periods of the sort of abysmal form that would see most teams relegated by Easter. Somehow, they make it through. So while I'm allowing myself a small chuckle at their plight (and seriously contemplating naming my new cat Frank) I refuse to allow myself to get too carried away, due to the sheer inevitability of them turning it around.

They are the footballing equivalent of cockroaches in the apocalypse.

Bang on, edna. May I just say that this is precisely the reason we should be laughing at them NOW and digging up some of their most arrogant and ignorant posts?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I watched their game yesterday and you can't blame the manager. The players were awful individually. Really poor passing, lack of any urgency. They don't look like they are trying which is a disgrace. Especially when we all know Palace fans are the best fans in the league

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I watched their game yesterday and you can't blame the manager. The players were awful individually. Really poor passing, lack of any urgency. They don't look like they are trying which is a disgrace. Especially when we all know Palace fans are the best fans in the league

Erm: that was (apparently) one of their better performances of the season if you listen to Frankie Boy :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I was in the car listening to the game on the radio. The number of times the commentators commented on 'awful' passes and lack of movement was startling

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can't bring myself to be smug about anything Palace, as has been said we all know they will be fine.

The peace and quiet from my Palace supporting mates at present is very welcome though.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Put the boot in while we can ..

You just know they are all there lurking in the logged off underworld. Miserable and depressed, streaming noses pressed up against the virtual glass with that dreadful nagging thought in the back of their pained minds ...' what if we don't turn it round' . *Mwa hah ha* :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like the fact that the nigels have given their manager a name even better than Frank De Bore. Apparently, in a show of tremendous fan support, they are calling him Frank De feat.

If only one of the NSC nigels were around to corroborate this. Sigh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here