Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    No, we rightfully deserve our place and pundits agree - we are always being praised about our facilities and many highlight our history. Football focus did a nice small piece on it.

I feel we deserve to be here and long it continue and I hope within a few years that Brighton is seen as an established premier league side.
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I said I dont know just assumed

• North Stand Chat

advertising

With a Monkey Man Plan Monkey Man's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I'm increasingly convinced that we have the potential to be an established PL club though it's increasingly apparent that clubs like ours are really just there to make up the numbers.

The Premier League is really built around the top seven or eight teams, and they need lesser clubs to beat. That's kind of the marketing plan.

The thing I guess will take most adjusting to is the idea that this isn't a truly competitive division like the Championship is, where almost every side has a chance of promotion or relegation. It says it all when we consider that for most of us, this will be a "glory" season if we finish 17th!
      Chicken Run, November 10, 1979.
      Stop bloody moaning! Daffy Duck's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I'm loving it, especially after Saturday's game.

I've now turned into a Premier League snob who pays little attention to the "lower leagues".

After all, we had to put up with it for long enough, scrabbling around for any little snippet of media coverage that we could find.

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Can't wait to clap England's top scorer and former captain onto the Amex turf. Hope we give him a proper Amex welcome.
      Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooo ooooooooo?
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Anyone else think they have imposter syndrome from all this Premier League stuff?

Featuring on Match of the Day still feels like a one off treat, and we'll soon be back in the wilderness of Channel 5.

Full on write-ups in all the national papers that goes far beyond what we'd receive in the Championship, even though we seemed to be media darlings of sorts and were never short of coverage.

Contemplating upcoming away trips to the likes of The Emirates and Old Trafford - and not because we've been lucky in a Cup draw.

Wayne Rooney coming to the Amex in a month or so.

It all still feels a bit surreal - like I'm watching someone else's football club.
      Definitely felt weird on Saturday hearing the result and that we'd won a match in the Premier League against another Premier League club
      'I’m big and I’m loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes it’s so difficult…I..I really like you, Halo' 'I like you too, Toy. You’re my best friend' 'Sure. Best friends. That’s what I meant.'
      'So put a church key in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall'

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      Garth is one of the grumpiest men on TV and for me, that's why I kinda like him. Good player back in the day too.
      He is a nutcase, clueless idiot.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Anyone else think they have imposter syndrome from all this Premier League stuff?

Featuring on Match of the Day still feels like a one off treat, and we'll soon be back in the wilderness of Channel 5.

Full on write-ups in all the national papers that goes far beyond what we'd receive in the Championship, even though we seemed to be media darlings of sorts and were never short of coverage.

Contemplating upcoming away trips to the likes of The Emirates and Old Trafford - and not because we've been lucky in a Cup draw.

Wayne Rooney coming to the Amex in a month or so.

It all still feels a bit surreal - like I'm watching someone else's football club.
      Absolutely this.

My son spent most of saturday afternoon touching the PL patches on his shirt sleeves. When I asked what he was doing he just said "Still can't believe we are here!"

0 Not allowed!
      Agree with all of this. I wonder where the cut off is though. It strikes me that all teams outside the top 6/7 must feel a bit like this however long they have been in the Premier league. The arrogance of the big clubs, the pundits who talk about them all the time, and their multitude of arm chair fans all add up to feeling like you've walked into someone else's wedding by mistake.

Even Leicester, having won the damn thing, still probably feel like this next to the giants.

I doubt it will feel any different in 20 years either. Sad but true.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Daffy Duck View Post
      I'm loving it, especially after Saturday's game.

I've now turned into a Premier League snob who pays little attention to the "lower leagues".

After all, we had to put up with it for long enough, scrabbling around for any little snippet of media coverage that we could find.
      I haven't gone that far. In fact, I was quite pleased for Towell, getting the last minute goal to give Rotherham a 3-2 win.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
      The Disowned Masses

1 Not allowed!
      I wasn't sure about this when I first saw the thread, but now I agree.

Why?

I was sat at my desk, and over the partition some of my colleagues were discussing football... we have an Aussie who supports spurs, and Man U fan and a gooner. They were talking about De Boer's sacking and then who will win the Premier League. I didn't feel 'qualified' to join in...
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog