Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Premier League Imposter Syndrome

15 Not allowed!
    Anyone else think they have imposter syndrome from all this Premier League stuff?

Featuring on Match of the Day still feels like a one off treat, and we'll soon be back in the wilderness of Channel 5.

Full on write-ups in all the national papers that goes far beyond what we'd receive in the Championship, even though we seemed to be media darlings of sorts and were never short of coverage.

Contemplating upcoming away trips to the likes of The Emirates and Old Trafford - and not because we've been lucky in a Cup draw.

Wayne Rooney coming to the Amex in a month or so.

It all still feels a bit surreal - like I'm watching someone else's football club.
    Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      No, it feels all very real to me
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Anyone else think they have imposter syndrome from all this Premier League stuff?

Featuring on Match of the Day still feels like a one off treat, and we'll soon be back in the wilderness of Channel 5.

Full on write-ups in all the national papers that goes far beyond what we'd receive in the Championship, even though we seemed to be media darlings of sorts and were never short of coverage.

Contemplating upcoming away trips to the likes of The Emirates and Old Trafford - and not because we've been lucky in a Cup draw.

Wayne Rooney coming to the Amex in a month or so.

It all still feels a bit surreal - like I'm watching someone else's football club.
      Couldnt' agree more - was discussing this at the weekend. Wall-to-wall coverage. Want highlights of the game ? No problem, full 30 minute programme up on Sky. Match of the Day. Football Focus special. Getting mentioned all the time on the radio. Watching proper internationals warm up right in front of our seats. Agree it's all a bit surreal - luckily looks like the players are getting to grips with it even if we're not !
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members
      Bitterne,Southampton, close to the M27 and 65 miles from the Temple of Bloom.

3 Not allowed!
      That might have been the case pre-match Saturday against the Baggies, but not at five o'clock. We won, we're here, and we're staying. Up yours Garth Crooks!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      That might have been the case pre-match Saturday against the Baggies, but not at five o'clock. We won, we're here, and we're staying. Up yours Garth Crooks!
      Garth is one of the grumpiest men on TV and for me, that's why I kinda like him. Good player back in the day too.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

10 Not allowed!
      A Brighton player being in the European team of the week........with Messi and Neymar

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/st...37023663800320
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Having watched Palace yesterday do I feel we are imposters? Nah
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The reason I say definitively yes, is that Man City still feels like it was a pre-season game.

5 Not allowed!
      Yes, definitely.

Was chatting with my young nephew about football the other day. He's an Arsenal fan (shame on his parents, I did my best) and I asked him who they were playing. Kind of, what's going on in the upper echelons of football then? But then had a moment where I realised we were in the same league and whatever the result is in that game it is relevant to us.

Haven't watched the Premier League for years so it's odd getting to know these teams and things like MOTD again.
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by W.C. View Post
      Yes, definitely.

Was chatting with my young nephew about football the other day. He's an Arsenal fan (shame on his parents, I did my best) and I asked him who they were playing. Kind of, what's going on in the upper echelons of football then? But then had a moment where I realised we were in the same league and whatever the result is in that game it is relevant to us.

Haven't watched the Premier League for years so it's odd getting to know these teams and things like MOTD again.
      This is me
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL