Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Imposter Syndrome

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It might feel a little different when I'm at the Emirates in a few weeks time, but most of the places we've been to or are going to are places I've been countless times before. Yes there's a bit more razzmatazz with the PL, but to be honest, that seems to be happening more regardless of division.

As I've been to all the games thus far, I've not had to do the pub telly thing, but when I do, it will be nice to walk into a pub and ask if they're showing the Brighton game and not get a look, like I've just asked for a hand job...
Bet you haven't been to Goodison park

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
It is still very surreal but the way things have gone over recent years, the bottom half of the premier league clubs tend to be on a par with the top half of the championship.
Yes, we get a much higher profile and the glamour fixtures which is wonderful.
But having watched us play Watford and West Brom where we did very well it doesn't, in the moment feel much different to playing say Norwich last year. Of course it's the Premier League so it is different but the level of football is in matches like those, not that different. It's against the teams like Man Utd, Chelsea etc we will stand a higher chance of feeling like imposters. But I guess that's the same for a lot of the so called lesser teams.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Someone at my work put up a PL fixture poster from one of the sunday rags, on the crew room wall, before the season KO.
I only did a double take once to see Albions fixture list, the badge and the obligatory player (Bruno), for each team.
That's it, we are here to stay, anyway it's good to see the anxt on the faces of the lads I work with, who do support PL teams.
It's great:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree with all of this. I wonder where the cut off is though. It strikes me that all teams outside the top 6/7 must feel a bit like this however long they have been in the Premier league. The arrogance of the big clubs, the pundits who talk about them all the time, and their multitude of arm chair fans all add up to feeling like you've walked into someone else's wedding by mistake.

Even Leicester, having won the damn thing, still probably feel like this next to the giants.

I doubt it will feel any different in 20 years either. Sad but true.

Circle jerk, more like.

Looking forward to getting some points off them.

If we ever do work ourselves upward, we also will end up with an army of armchair tosspots talking bollocks about our games when at work, unsure whether it is 'we' or 'they'......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here