Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks/Team of the Week

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
A Villa supporting mate of mine reckons only a selection of Liverpool and Man City players plus Kane and Aubameyang are better than Grealish. He looks good but a little over rated seeing as he's done nothing of note yet. As others have said, he was in Alzate's pocket for most of the match.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has Jack Grealish in his team of the week....eh? One good finish but did he do much apart from that?

There's no doubting his quality – he's been involved in something like 15 goals for Villa this season – but I didn't think he was AMAZING on Saturday. Spent a lot of time on the floor, or being tackled, yes, but hardly like he ran the show.

Granted I'm not the best at player analysis, but I honestly thought I was missing something with all the plaudits going his way after the game :shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yeah, he took his goal well, but other than that I thought he spent more time checking his hair was ok than anything else.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Its all part of the BBC narrative - they made a big deal of him on MOTD so it has to follow.. interestingly, Maupay got the MoM on Saturday on the Report (I think!) so who knows the finer points of GC mind? I just really struggle with the BBC/MOTD discussions most weeks. I shouldn't, but when its so narrow minded, it bugs the hell out of me. Shearer "I/m not seeing much difference to last season" comment the latest banal statement to niggle me!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yeah, he took his goal well, but other than that I thought he spent more time checking his hair was ok than anything else.

Who from our midfield would have scored that chance? In fact, who would have been that far forward?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Missed this from old stalk eyes on last weekends team of the....

‘’Lewis Dunk: This was a fabulous contest, played at times in shocking conditions. Brighton battled Sheffield United in the 1-1 draw almost as well as they coped with the inclement weather. At the heart of some stoic defending for the Seagulls was Dunk. The central defender was immense throughout, and at times the game was on the edge of boiling over. Dunk behaved most professionally when John Lundstram lunged at a ball he was never going to get - and didn't. Dunk was gracious about the incident, which played some part in the Blades player staying on the pitch.’’

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Missed this from old stalk eyes on last weekends team of the....

‘’Lewis Dunk: This was a fabulous contest, played at times in shocking conditions. Brighton battled Sheffield United in the 1-1 draw almost as well as they coped with the inclement weather. At the heart of some stoic defending for the Seagulls was Dunk. The central defender was immense throughout, and at times the game was on the edge of boiling over. Dunk behaved most professionally when John Lundstram lunged at a ball he was never going to get - and didn't. Dunk was gracious about the incident, which played some part in the Blades player staying on the pitch.’’

He’s not wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here