Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks/Team of the Week

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
West Brom are a decent side, as long as injuries go their way they should finish in the top 10.

Our performance was a tactical victory, we moved the ball wide as quickly as we could and closed down when the ball was in the centre. Dunk played plenty of balls to the channels for Solly & Knockaert knowing west Brom's midfield would have to drop and help their defence. We closed down well and forced them to play long balls to Rondon centrally where Dunk & Duffy headed clear and dealt with everything.

With Morrison arriving they changed shape and got a goal, and looked more dangerous for the last 15/20mins but we had the goals we needed and saw out the win. Tactically we had done our homework and exploited them. I think a similar game plan against Bournemouth should work although they play 2 up front in Defoe & King

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Girth Crooks is just another overrated pundit that gives the tv viewer an insight to their views.
Take it or leave it.
Every grey hair that CH grows, is another chin that GC gains :)

He always makes me think these days of Toad of Toad Hall.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Apart from anything else, our two most recent and expensive signings have, one of them, hardly played and the other not played at all.

And i found myself thinking that yesterday a fit Sam Baldock could well have run rings round a fairly pedestrian WBA defence,

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Crooks is an idiot who never does any basic research. I have less than zero respect for his opinions.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Anyone remember him presenting the forerunner to This Week with Andrew Neil? Or is my memory even less reliable than I thought?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Fortunately he has never constructed a worthwhile sentence in his life.
He is....technically speaking .... a ****ing moron.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Honestly, I have shat more impressively sentient organisms. The BBC would be better off with a row of my faeces than that wanker.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Crooks is an idiot who never does any basic research. I have less than zero respect for his opinions.

He also looks increasingly like Baron Greenback from Dangermouse.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He might talk some crap here and there, but you can't knock his dress-sense!

eubanks.jpg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Crooks is an idiot who never does any basic research.

As proven by his plea for Hughton to be supported in the transfer market by a board that has a net spend only surpassed by United, City, Chelsea and Everton. I presume that he dismisses all the players we have spent money on because they come from European Leagues and he has never heard of them. It seems that he works on the premise that if he hasn't done his homework he can cover it by saying something controversial.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The bloke is a fool, he's failed to take into account our first two games were against most people's favourites for the title and the champions of 2 seasons ago, you couldn't have a much tougher start. We've now picked up 4 points from 2 games against sides you would want to pick up points from if you are going to have a chance of staying up. We were on top at Watford before they had a player sent off, hit the woodwork a few times and could have won with a bit better finishing. As bad as West Brom were we still played very well and created chances and looked like a side that belongs at this level, sure we faded but nerves were always going to kick in at some stage when we were leading for the first time.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There is so much guff talked about the difference in class between the championship and the prem.
10 years ago it was probably true, but now the gap between the bottom half of the Prem and the top half of the championship is miniscule.

Palace, Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth are becoming established premier league sides for christ's sake.
Sure the top 6 are on another level, but I expect us to take points off the others, with or without a new striker.

The pundits just love to keep promoting the myth that the standard of football is so much better.
They're just protecting the brand and their own salaries.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry, Garth, why was Gross in the team of the week? You don't seem to have mentioned it...

He's the BBC equivalent of a "shock jock" anyway, only used to get people to comment on their websites. Besides, he's only kept on for sentimentality rather than actually contributing anything of note.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Balloon faced, boggle eyed, rectal wart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here