Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks/Team of the Week

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
Ive been getting the feeling that most pundits and media dont want to give us too much attention past the journey to get here.

Like they may as well not bother learning the substitutes names because they wont be around next season so we'll just pay them lip service until then.

I dont mind staying under the radar until christmas.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Garth Crooks is a pompous, insufferable windbag who operates under the delusion that his opinions somehow carry great intellectual weight and gravitas. Hence his curious but intensely irritating habit of....inserting pauses....in rather strange places as he delivers what he....considers.........to be a definitive piece of analysis....as if we, as a nation, are all hanging.......on.....his every word. He also does that irritating finger-and-thumb thing that Trump does, as if it lends his banal words an even greater sense of importance.

I'll also never forget the time in the 2002 World Cup, when England had just drawn 0-0 against Nigeria in the final group game to get the point they needed to qualify for the last 16. As Sven got up from the bench at the final whistle, he was accosted by Crooks as he walked along the on the touchline. Brooks proceeded to shove a microphone under his nose, puffed himself up to his full self-importance, and earnestly declared: "Well Sven, I can confirm that you have now qualified for the Second Stage" - as if the England manager was somehow unaware of this piece of breaking news, and was in need of Garth's wise counsel.

The bloke is a highly enriched weapons-grade BUFFOON who is stealing a living, and it rankles me that I have somehow ended up helping to pay his salary.

Last edited:

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Garth Crooks is a pompous, insufferable windbag who operates under the delusion that his opinions somehow carry great intellectual weight and gravitas. Hence his curious but intensely irritating habit of....inserting pauses....in rather strange places as he delivers what he....considers.........to be a definitive piece of analysis....as if we, as a nation, are all hanging.......on.....his every word. He also does that irritating finger-and-thumb thing that Trump does, as if it lends his banal words an even greater sense of importance.

I'll also never forget the time in the 2002 World Cup, when England had just drawn 0-0 against Nigeria in the final group game to get the point they needed to qualify for the last 16. As Sven got up from the bench at the final whistle, he was accosted by Brooks as he walked along the on the touchline. Brooks proceeded to shove a microphone under his nose, puffed himself up to his full self-importance, and earnestly declared: "Well Sven, I can confirm that you have now qualified for the Second Stage" - as if the England manager was somehow unaware of this piece of breaking news, and was in need of Garth's wise counsel.

The bloke is a highly enriched weapons-grade BUFFOON who is stealing a living, and it rankles me that I have somehow ended up helping to pay his salary.

Very well put sir!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Football Genius that he is, I made this earlier while being taking five at work.

Attachments

• garth-crooks2.jpg
    garth-crooks2.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 264

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I'll also never forget the time in the 2002 World Cup, when England had just drawn 0-0 against Nigeria in the final group game to get the point they needed to qualify for the last 16. As Sven got up from the bench at the final whistle, he was accosted by Crooks as he walked along the on the touchline. Brooks proceeded to shove a microphone under his nose, puffed himself up to his full self-importance, and earnestly declared: "Well Sven, I can confirm that you have now qualified for the Second Stage" - as if the England manager was somehow unaware of this piece of breaking news, and was in need of Garth's wise counsel.

Who is Brooks ?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Garth Crooks looks like a sad panda. Because of that, I can't take anything he says seriously. Sorry.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Paul Merson was commentating our game on Sky Sports News, and his assessment was that although West Brom weren't at their best we were by far the better team & entirely worth our goals/win. He then picked out Gross & Knochaert as players who impressed. I was shocked how complimentary he was after his negative opinion in previous weeks. It just shows how fickle they are, and the same will be said for Garth Crooks. If we get a result against Bournemouth he will soon do the same & flip his opinion..

Merson did also embarrass himself a little saying 'Knockaert has done well to get back in the team' only to be corrected & made aware that he was injured for the first few games.. It just shows how little these people actually know.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Girth Crooks trying to crack a joke on BBC FS, about Newcastle could win the title with right resources.

What a crock of sh!t :shootself

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Girth Crooks trying to crack a joke on BBC FS, about Newcastle could win the title with right resources.
Doesn't that apply to every team in the world?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

What a crock of sh!t :shootself

Surely any team could win the title with the right resources.

The right resources being a bottomless pit of cash.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I watched the game this afternoon.

I can reveal that Newcastle will not win the title.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I watched the game this afternoon.

I can reveal that Newcastle will not win the title.

Well hello Paul Merson. I had no idea you posted on NSC.

PS: you're the worst pundit I've ever seen on television, and I've seen Andy Townsend a hundred times.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously guys, but the point was GC taking a joke, which has tragically backfired on me :nono:
I didn't witness it, was he deliberately taking the piss? Weird joke if it was one and if it wasn't, well as said, obviously anyone could win with limitless resources.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here