Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks/Team of the Week

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41221169

It starts off well with Garth picking Gross in his team of the week.

Then, in the pick your own team of the week section, you can pick up to 5 Brighton players (Dunk, Duffy, Gross, March and Hemed)

And then there's Garth's analysis under Gross:-

I heard Brighton boss Chris Hughton say on Football Focus this weekend how he was realistic enough to accept that he is in a different league to quite a number of teams in the Premiership.

Well, the reality is he is in the same league whether he likes it or not and he had better tell his owners the truth - Brighton will not survive the season unless they buy in the January transfer window, having failed to make an impact in August.

Make no mistake, Brighton's victory over West Brom was a fantastic effort, particularly under the circumstances. But don't be fooled, this Brighton side is not good enough to survive in its current state. Gross' brilliant two-goal performance against the Baggies is merely papering over the cracks.

Even Tony Pulis, who is normally very protective of his players in public, had to come clean and criticise their attitude after the game. Brighton cannot survive on the occasional charitable offer from teams who can't be bothered and that's what West Brom's performance amounted to.

Other teams, even in the league Hughton and his owners think they are in, won't be offering such lame performances as West Brom in the future.

What a CJTC

larus

Then, in the pick your own team of the week section, you can pick up to 5 Brighton players (Dunk, Duffy, Gross, March and Hemed)

What a CJTC

I'd like to say that's excellent use of CJTC. Totally apt. It's a Carlberg moment.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Other teams, even in the league Hughton and his owners think they are in, won't be offering such lame performances as West Brom in the future.

So he doesn't feel that Palace, Bournemouth and West Ham have offered 'lame' (tame, Garth?) performances so far?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Just another pundit who has no real idea about us. Failed to make an impact is a bloody stupid quote to make as well. Money has been spent which may well of been spent well. Our most expensive signing has only played 10 mins and to be ignorant enough to spout crap like we only won because WBA didn't turn up is pretty disrespectful to our players. Yes we will if we can add a striker in January.
Have to say PL pundits like crooks and Merson are pretty embarrassing in the write up of us. Just because there knowledge is limited to PL players they know is quite pathetic really.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He is a football pundit, who, presumably makes( steals) a living from his in- depth knowledge of the game, and yet, he thinks we play in the Premiership rather than the Premier League.
It's forgivable for fans to make such a glaring error on a football forum, but this man is paid for his opinions, he could at least get the basics right.
I look forward to Garths increasingly successful managerial career.

What do you mean, he's never managed anyone?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
After reading that tripe, I thought I'd look at what he said about fellow promotes, Newcastle. Get a load of this:

"Ashley needs to get his hand in his pocket and invest properly in a team the city of Newcastle deserve. They have a great manager, an amazing set of fans and a team clearly proud to wear the shirt.
Benitez has brought some wonderful young talent through and made players out of them. Players like Matt Ritchie and Lascelles have developed brilliantly under the watchful eye of the Spaniard and they deserve more support and their manager the finances to enable him to give the team a real chance of survival. It's the least Ashley can do.
If not, he should sell the club and let someone else do it.

Like that full Scottish international expensive signing Matt Ritchie that Benitez has miraculously transformed from a 15 league goals a season Championship player into a 12 league goals a season Championship player? Great one, Garthy boy!

And to think that Mike Ashley wouldn't like to sell up if he could!

Does anyone listen to that prick anyway?

Nobody, I guess, unless they've got a few hours to waste. Would still probably go to sleep before he finished!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hasn't even put Gross in a number 10 position where he performed so well, yet picks him out of position? CJTC works on this occasion.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

What a CJTC

It's only an opinion, the world and these boards would be very dull if we all thought the same.

Chris and Garth are old team mates, so it may even be a ploy for Chris to use as motivation. Who knows?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
3ff92cdaff64fac7dfb1a2469c59bbf8.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Girth Crooks is just another overrated pundit that gives the tv viewer an insight to their views.
Take it or leave it.
Every grey hair that CH grows, is another chin that GC gains :)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just another pundit who has no real idea about us. Failed to make an impact is a bloody stupid quote to make as well. Money has been spent which may well of been spent well. Our most expensive signing has only played 10 mins and to be ignorant enough to spout crap like we only won because WBA didn't turn up is pretty disrespectful to our players. Yes we will if we can add a striker in January.
Have to say PL pundits like crooks and Merson are pretty embarrassing in the write up of us. Just because there knowledge is limited to PL players they know is quite pathetic really.
Merson's comments were pure ignorance, but it is hard to argue that we are not short of quality. No other teams play like West Brom.

The last 15 minutes either demonstrated our players had put in such a massive effort they were knackered, or West Brom with a better shape were move of a threat. Quite possibly both.

All we can do is get behind the team and try and lift them to give their all every game. There is still a lot to do.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I love it when these so called experts right us off. Maybe we will go down but I can't believe these players that gave everything last season to get us here, will go down without a fight. There is nothing I have seen to suspect the team spirit is any less. So **** them. As long as the players give it their best shot they will have my 100 percent support.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here