Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Garth Crooks/Team of the Week

5 Not allowed!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41221169

It starts off well with Garth picking Gross in his team of the week.

Then, in the pick your own team of the week section, you can pick up to 5 Brighton players (Dunk, Duffy, Gross, March and Hemed)

And then there's Garth's analysis under Gross:-

I heard Brighton boss Chris Hughton say on Football Focus this weekend how he was realistic enough to accept that he is in a different league to quite a number of teams in the Premiership.

Well, the reality is he is in the same league whether he likes it or not and he had better tell his owners the truth - Brighton will not survive the season unless they buy in the January transfer window, having failed to make an impact in August.

Make no mistake, Brighton's victory over West Brom was a fantastic effort, particularly under the circumstances. But don't be fooled, this Brighton side is not good enough to survive in its current state. Gross' brilliant two-goal performance against the Baggies is merely papering over the cracks.

Even Tony Pulis, who is normally very protective of his players in public, had to come clean and criticise their attitude after the game. Brighton cannot survive on the occasional charitable offer from teams who can't be bothered and that's what West Brom's performance amounted to.

Other teams, even in the league Hughton and his owners think they are in, won't be offering such lame performances as West Brom in the future.
    What a CJTC

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Petee View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41221169

It starts off well with Garth picking Gross in his team of the week.

Then, in the pick your own team of the week section, you can pick up to 5 Brighton players (Dunk, Duffy, Gross, March and Hemed)

And then there's Garth's analysis under Gross:-

What a CJTC

I'd like to say that's excellent use of CJTC. Totally apt. It's a Carlberg moment.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Does anyone listen to that prick anyway?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Does anyone listen to that prick anyway?
      In all fairness, whenever he is on Final Score, it is good entertainment value.

0 Not allowed!
      I'm guessing CJTC isn't complimentary. Can anyone give me a clue what it stands for?
      'The light show is so embarrassing given how crap we are. Like sticking a few sparklers on a dog turd'.

0 Not allowed!
      Other teams, even in the league Hughton and his owners think they are in, won't be offering such lame performances as West Brom in the future.
      So he doesn't feel that Palace, Bournemouth and West Ham have offered 'lame' (tame, Garth?) performances so far?
      Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
      Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Change at Barnham View Post
      I'm guessing CJTC isn't complimentary. Can anyone give me a clue what it stands for?
      Cock Juggling Thunder Cvnt

11 Not allowed!
      Just another pundit who has no real idea about us. Failed to make an impact is a bloody stupid quote to make as well. Money has been spent which may well of been spent well. Our most expensive signing has only played 10 mins and to be ignorant enough to spout crap like we only won because WBA didn't turn up is pretty disrespectful to our players. Yes we will if we can add a striker in January.
      Have to say PL pundits like crooks and Merson are pretty embarrassing in the write up of us. Just because there knowledge is limited to PL players they know is quite pathetic really.

0 Not allowed!
      Having skimmed through the article he does not seem to have much positive to say about any team.
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      He is a football pundit, who, presumably makes( steals) a living from his in- depth knowledge of the game, and yet, he thinks we play in the Premiership rather than the Premier League.
      It's forgivable for fans to make such a glaring error on a football forum, but this man is paid for his opinions, he could at least get the basics right.
      I look forward to Garths increasingly successful managerial career.

What do you mean, he's never managed anyone?
      You be glad you be Sussex born!