Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are over 14 years of age and .....

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Yes from me because if I didn't it would feel like I was going into battle without a uniform

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
50 years ago there were (if I remember correctly) no readily available replica shirts so the punters went along with their scarf and dragging their rickety (or whatever it was called).
Now we want to be as empty handed as possible so we clutch on to pints of beer, pies and or programmes AND of course the essential mobile. So the replica shirt replaces the scarf as a badge - one less item to carry !

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Saw one (possibly two) Amex shirts on tv at the finish of the Great North Run yesterday. Impressive.

I don't usually wear my shirt. I'm too fat for my Skint shirt, but now and then I wear my "opening of the Amex" shirt. Wigan & Man City last times I wore it. Depends how the mood takes me. And as we won on Saturday when I was sans BHAFC shirt, I'm not wearing it next game either.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
50 years ago there were (if I remember correctly) no readily available replica shirts so the punters went along with their scarf and dragging their rickety (or whatever it was called).
Now we want to be as empty handed as possible so we clutch on to pints of beer, pies and or programmes AND of course the essential mobile. So the replica shirt replaces the scarf as a badge - one less item to carry !

Rattle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You were obviously sneaking off as well then :drool:

I had to - 6 year old nipper's first game, as mentioned elsewhere - surprised she made it to 60 min, TBH :lolol:

(and stop that drooling - so messy)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Before I moved to Canada in 1982 if you saw anyone in a replica shirt (at a game - elsewhere it never happened) you would automatically assume they were enjoying care in the community. When I came back to the UK in 86, they were quite common. I think it must have been seeing the Dutch and Brazilian fans in their shirts at the world cup (82 and 86; nobody gave the Euros second thought).

The other thing that changed in that time was the whole of the UK became splatterd with hideous grafffiti, as the yoot suddenly started fantasizing they were American.

I blame Thatcher.

This is a rattle:

rattle.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Only reason I wear a replica shirt to matches is to annoy the sad twunts that think people shouldn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here