Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

5 Not allowed!
    @hopkins. Ah yes, that old chestnut.

"Oh shyt, I've made a prat of myself, better make out I was only joking and they'll believe me and think I'm soooo funny".

Get a life you pillock.
    Visiting NYC? Please get to Foleys on 33rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. My mates bar and very Albion / sport friendly.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Because i can wear whatever the F**K i want

0 Not allowed!
      Yes from me because if I didn't it would feel like I was going into battle without a uniform
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mickybha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes from me because if I didn't it would feel like I was going into battle without a uniform
      11 pages and you are the winner of best reply

0 Not allowed!
      50 years ago there were (if I remember correctly) no readily available replica shirts so the punters went along with their scarf and dragging their rickety (or whatever it was called).
      Now we want to be as empty handed as possible so we clutch on to pints of beer, pies and or programmes AND of course the essential mobile. So the replica shirt replaces the scarf as a badge - one less item to carry !

0 Not allowed!
      Saw one (possibly two) Amex shirts on tv at the finish of the Great North Run yesterday. Impressive.

I don't usually wear my shirt. I'm too fat for my Skint shirt, but now and then I wear my "opening of the Amex" shirt. Wigan & Man City last times I wore it. Depends how the mood takes me. And as we won on Saturday when I was sans BHAFC shirt, I'm not wearing it next game either.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maltaseagull View Post
      On holiday? Thousands do !
      However, on topic, I think anyone wearing a replica shirt to their team's game is absolutely entitled to.
      On holiday is also a perfectly sensible idea, as is wearing it whilst playing football with friends.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ferring seagull View Post
      50 years ago there were (if I remember correctly) no readily available replica shirts so the punters went along with their scarf and dragging their rickety (or whatever it was called).
      Now we want to be as empty handed as possible so we clutch on to pints of beer, pies and or programmes AND of course the essential mobile. So the replica shirt replaces the scarf as a badge - one less item to carry !
      Rattle.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      You were obviously sneaking off as well then
      I had to - 6 year old nipper's first game, as mentioned elsewhere - surprised she made it to 60 min, TBH

(and stop that drooling - so messy)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ferring seagull View Post
      Before I moved to Canada in 1982 if you saw anyone in a replica shirt (at a game - elsewhere it never happened) you would automatically assume they were enjoying care in the community. When I came back to the UK in 86, they were quite common. I think it must have been seeing the Dutch and Brazilian fans in their shirts at the world cup (82 and 86; nobody gave the Euros second thought).

The other thing that changed in that time was the whole of the UK became splatterd with hideous grafffiti, as the yoot suddenly started fantasizing they were American.

I blame Thatcher.

This is a rattle:

Name:  rattle.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  8.4 KB
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre