Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haha Palace!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We all would like the football and the points but, at the end of the day, all that counts is the result.
I half agree with you. If we didn't play well in some games last season, but we got the points, I was happy enough, confident we'd play better in the next game. But it's not all that counts. I do enjoy watching decent football, as opposed to route one and long throws to big forwards etc, and I'd rather finish a bit lower on average but be entertained.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think I will reserve my right to laugh at Palace until we are, say, ten points ahead of them with three left to play. I will allow myself a slight (quiet) chuckle if and when we take points off them.

Rivalry 1.0 chap

Milk it while you can + The Muppet show are currently handing out free gifts……never look a gift Muppet in the mouth……or something.

Im slightly concerned we made need to supply their dressing room with extra bog roll though at this rate.(not that they would use it)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whatever we think of Palace I thought they were better side and unlucky at Burnley. I hope we create as many chances up there

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"How Low Can You Go?"
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41214182

Pointless and goalless

When Scott Dann somehow missed an open goal with minutes remaining of Crystal Palace's 1-0 defeat at Burnley, it confirmed a pointless, and goalless, start to the season for Frank de Boer's side.

Palace have now gone 450 minutes, and almost four months, without a top-flight goal. It is also 93 years since a top-flight side last failed to score and lost their opening four games - Preston North End in 1924-25.

But how far down the Football League ladder do you have to go to find the next side who have not celebrated at least a goal this term? League One? National League?

Nope. Try again.

In fact the next team down the footballing ladder who are yet to trouble the scorers are Oadby Town of the United Counties League Premier Division, a massive 186 places below Palace in the league.

De Boer may be concerned that Oadby boss Dave Clay paid the price for a scoreless start at the end of August when he was sacked, although, like Palace, the Poachers kept off the bottom of the league thanks to goal difference.

The Leicestershire club did manage a goal on Saturday - in a 2-1 defeat away to Quorn - but that was a UCL Cup game. Their next chance to get off the mark in the league comes on Tuesday night when they are at home to St Andrews. Palace have to wait until Saturday lunchtime, when they host Southampton.

Sadly, there's not a great deal of time for a hastily-arranged Palace v Oadby friendly.
If it ends 0-0 as expected, perhaps a penalty shootout could decide the game.
And preferably for Palace, perhaps one with no goalkeepers.
Even then, I still wouldn't fancy their chances.

Just how low can you go?

Palace, this is for you:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Steve Parish is then described as continually trying to sell the club in secret, whilst ‘for the outside world’ it seems Palace fans like the president, although De Telegraaf are clearly unconvinced."

"Parish is said to be on social media ‘all day’ and ‘sweeps his own street constantly’, meaning he’s more concerned about how he looks, and if De Boer is a casualty of that then so be it."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/dutch-new...-crystal-palace-boardroom-game-snipes-parish/

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Their next chance to get off the mark in the league comes on Tuesday night when they are at home to St Andrews. Palace have to wait until Saturday lunchtime, when they host Southampton.

I'd like to point that Oadby Town are off the mark after they drew 2-2 at home to St. Andrews.

Screenshot from 2017-09-18 07-04-34.png

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'd like to point that Oadby Town are off the mark after they drew 2-2 at home to St. Andrews.

Ahh good work Oadby. I like the look of this league, the disparity of games in hand would make the permutations thread great fun. So, does anyone know which the next team is without any goals? Apart from CPFC 2010?

Northampton ON Chenecks need to look at their defensive frailties.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's hard to believe now I know, but I remember a time when we considered them our rivals.:lolol: Now I almost feel pity for them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's hard to believe now I know, but I remember a time when we considered them our rivals.:lolol: Now I almost feel pity for them.

Pity is good, it shows a level of patronising well befitting our caravan dwelling Nigels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here