Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield -great start and still easy fixtures to come!

Boy they have had the easiest start in terms of opposition ever i think..OK games still need to be won but they West Ham next- could see them drawing that then home to Leicester and away to Burnley - first difficult game against Spurs on 30th. We're currently trailing them by 3 points from a game more and i think the best we can hope come 30th is to still be trailing them by 3 points...

Good luck to them, just not quite good enough :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
PYEGoZXABBMuk.gif

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I reckon by the end of the season, we'll have had the same fixtures as them. Just in a different order probably

I reckon by the end of the season, we'll have had the same fixtures as them. Just in a different order probably

Yeah but think about what happened to them last year we were permanently within touching distance of them overtaking us in Feb-April before they finally hit a bad patch. I would hate it to be the reverse this year where they are the team we need to finish above to stay up and start relying on them playing their harder fixtures later in the season....On the other hand with a but of luck Palarce and Bournemouth will be cut adrift by then and I think Newcastle's lack of purchases in preseason will come back to bite them hard...Time as they say will tell..

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yeah but think about what happened to them last year we were permanently within touching distance of them overtaking us in Feb-April before they finally hit a bad patch. I would hate it to be the reverse this year where they are the team we need to finish above to stay up and start relying on them playing their harder fixtures later in the season....On the other hand with a but of luck Palarce and Bournemouth will be cut adrift by then and I think Newcastle's lack of purchases in preseason will come back to bite them hard...Time as they say will tell..

Why randomly pick Huddersfield as the team to finish above? Just because we were in the same division last year, which now has no relevance!

I would be more inclined (if I was to do such a thing after JUST 4 games) to look at the teams currently below us. With the exception of Everton I think there is every chance we could finish above all of them! Which would be good enough for me - wouldn't care what position Huddersfield finished in!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Why randomly pick Huddersfield as the team to finish above? Just because we were in the same division last year, which now has no relevance!

I would be more inclined (if I was to do such a thing after JUST 4 games) to look at the teams currently below us. With the exception of Everton I think there is every chance we could finish above all of them! Which would be good enough for me - wouldn't care what position Huddersfield finished in!

Exactly this.

Huddersfield doing well is okay for me, good on them - they may have had the easier fixtures than us but they still had an opening game away from home. I am dead pleased they tonked the bast***s 3-0, because it puts them in a worse position than us.

My main concentration is on us and the teams below us. If there's teams below us, then we need to be keeping an eye on those below us at all times. Teams above us is irrelevant unless there's only 2/3 teams below us.

Apr 15, 2016
N1D
When they start to get tougher fixtures things will start to even themselves out and before you know it they'll be near the relegation zone.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They have had a good run of fixtures for sure which has given them momentum for when they face the bigger clubs but not bitter about it and I have a lot of respect for their chairman who like Tony is a fan and has worked wonders to get them where they are

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Boy they have had the easiest start in terms of opposition ever i think..OK games still need to be won but they West Ham next- could see them drawing that then home to Leicester and away to Burnley - first difficult game against Spurs on 30th.

I don't see home to Leicester being easy and didn't Burnley have something like the 4th best home record season, so definitely not an easy game.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Southampton aren't exactly on top form at the moment but I thought they were unlucky not to take all 3 points last week.

As others have said the season will even out. I think there is a good chance that we both might stay up (despite Crooks and Merson).

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'd like Huddersfield to win tonight, to maintain the 4 points gap from the drop (yes early days I know!) - and I reckon they will win, even at odds of 14/5 last time I looked.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here