Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We were shocking at the library yesterday, likewise at West Brom and against Watford. Tippy, tappy sideways shit that we often revert to when we realise the oppo are just too good for us.

Poor, disorganised, little threat up front, lacking confidence, players arguing with each other, tactics all over the shop, players being played out of position. Some really weird stuff going on.Our most promising player Lewis Cook dumped on the bench. The City game was better but the massive gulf in class was still there as usual.

We're feeling it's a must win game (obviously) but I can't see where our next point is coming from at this rate and that fixture list just suddenly looks pretty daunting.

Welcome back. You really should post more often.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We were shocking at the library yesterday, likewise at West Brom and against Watford. Tippy, tappy sideways shit that we often revert to when we realise the oppo are just too good for us.

Poor, disorganised, little threat up front, lacking confidence, players arguing with each other, tactics all over the shop, players being played out of position. Some really weird stuff going on.Our most promising player Lewis Cook dumped on the bench. The City game was better but the massive gulf in class was still there as usual.

We're feeling it's a must win game (obviously) but I can't see where our next point is coming from at this rate and that fixture list just suddenly looks pretty daunting.
Nice attempt to lull us into a false sense of security!

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
If we could beat them it would also give us a 7 point lead over them. I know it's very early but that is a big lead to have in the bottom part of the table. The best thing that could happen for us in the early part of the season is for one team to get cut adrift and get one hand on a relegation spot by Christmas. I'd be more than happy for Bournemouth to play that role.

Or 2 teams cut adrift, after Palace continue to implode

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eddie has a rather good record against us unfortunately, often with officials as his 12th man

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

So what's happened.
I was impressed with Bournemouth last season, sometimes you get a drop in form and confidence but so far you have played nowhere near the level of last season. Strange game is football.
I am not going to get cocky about Friday, you are still a good side and Brighton will be one of the sides that every team at home will be looking to beat, so they will probably come out flying to get those 3 points.
Plus we have some history, in the past you have raised your game against us, is it a south coast thing?
I am just going to wait to see how the first 20 minutes pan out, hoping that you are still all over the place with no confidence, in which case I think we will win.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So what's happened.
I was impressed with Bournemouth last season, sometimes you get a drop in form and confidence but so far you have played nowhere near the level of last season. Strange game is football.
I am not going to get cocky about Friday, you are still a good side and Brighton will be one of the sides that every team at home will be looking to beat, so they will probably come out flying to get those 3 points.
Plus we have some history, in the past you have raised your game against us, is it a south coast thing?
I am just going to wait to see how the first 20 minutes pan out, hoping that you are still all over the place with no confidence, in which case I think we will win.

I think that will suit us actually. We could rip em a new one on the counter!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I expect us to lose. I think Bournemouth will really go for this as a good chance to get three points.

If you offered me a draw I'd snatch your hand off. Stopping one of our rivals from getting three points at home is almost as important as getting the point for ourselves. We would then stay four points ahead of them.

A win is the stuff of dreamland. Would be massive.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The even better best thing for us would be to have TWO teams cut adrift at Christmas and them being Bournemouth and Palace

Or 3 even? Palace have got Stains at home next then away to the 2 manchesters, There is potential for a big gap with at least 2 teams by the beginning of ocrober

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Been saying since the end of last season they're going down this season and I will love it when they do.

They have a weak squad, do not know how to defend, Smug Eddie is out of his depth and doesn't know how to turn this around.

They might beat us this Friday but are still going back down to the lower leagues where a tin pot outfit like Bournemouth should be permanently.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Been saying since the end of last season they're going down this season and I will love it when they do.

They have a weak squad, do not know how to defend, Smug Eddie is out of his depth and doesn't know how to turn this around.

They might beat us this Friday but are still going back down to the lower leagues where a tin pot outfit like Bournemouth should be permanently.

Wow. Did smug Eddie shag your wife or something?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
We need to keep our feet on the ground and not get too cocky. Personally, I think we've only got to turn up for the 3 points!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Never had too much of a problem with Bournemouth - only when I listen to that clown Tom Latchem on talkSPORT, who manages to shoehorn them into any football discussion going on any topic, and is the definition of small-time.

But it's a huge game for them already on Friday.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Let's not get too smug about things just yet. We only beat WBA yesterday, and we're only going to beat Bournemouth on Friday.

It's not like we've won the Champs league.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting to see that #HoweOut was actually a thing on Twitter at the weekend. Imagine being a Bournemouth fan and wanting the man who dragged your club from the arse end of the Fourth Division to the Premier League (albeit much of it by spending considerably beyond your means) sacked because you've failed to win four games? :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here