Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Night of the Proms

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Labour MP Gisela Stuart was the Leader and Chair of the Vote Leave campaign........when did she say those things about Davis?........link?

She didn't say those things about Davis, but someone called Dominic Cummings, who was described in the Independent article as The Leave Chief, said it. The same stuff has been reported in the Express and the Telegraph. All I had to do was Google "David David was Lazy"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...lazy-as-a-toad-dominic-cummings-a7845911.html

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No it wasn't. I disagreed with the vote, but accept it. But I don't think there are many MP's in the House of Commons, of whichever party, who would trust the present government to come up with a decent deal in all this. And the rewriting of law to incorporate all the European stuff in to British law will have to be very carefully done. I don't think the people who are in charge at the moment could oversee the rewriting of a Noddy Book, let alone something as important as this. I have seen David Davis described by the former leader of the Leave campaign as Lazy, Stupid and Vain.
David Davis lazy , stupid and vain ? Yep , one parent family council estate kid from tooting , MBA , member of 21 SAS , bound to be lazy and stupid isn't he , don't know about vain .....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But I disagree with your assessment of an "undemocratic German Ruled European Union", which strikes me as being inflammatory.

And if we had taken the EU seriously for the last 20 or 30 years instead of listening to the idiotic ravings of Farage, who is usually wrong about most things, we would have been far more prominent anyway.

About 15 years ago during the run up to a General Election Farage was on Question Time. I was sitting at home with my daughter, who was revising for her finals in European Studies at Cardiff University, so she was studying and revising all the European Institutions. The number of times he stated a "fact" that Ellie responded to with a "that's not true" or "oh no it isn't" was unbelievable. I have no reason to believe he is any less ignorant now.

We haven't been listening to Farage - ranting or otherwise - for 20 or 30 years. He's only had a visible presence I the political scene for what, 10 years at a pinch?
But I do agree, the notion that an MEP knows less about the European Institutions than an undergraduate in Cardiff, takes a bit of swallowing.......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
David Davis lazy , stupid and vain ? Yep , one parent family council estate kid from tooting , MBA , member of 21 SAS , bound to be lazy and stupid isn't he , don't know about vain .....

It wasn't me who said it. It was someone who had worked with him closely. Given his provenance that you detail so nicely, maybe he is just sitting on his laurels, or doesn't feel he needs to bother anymore.

But this is about what he is doing NOW, with the future of our country at stake, And if he is being lazy NOW, it doesn't really count what he might have done in the past.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
But I disagree with your assessment of an "undemocratic German Ruled European Union", which strikes me as being inflammatory.

And if we had taken the EU seriously for the last 20 or 30 years instead of listening to the idiotic ravings of Farage, who is usually wrong about most things, we would have been far more prominent anyway.

About 15 years ago during the run up to a General Election Farage was on Question Time. I was sitting at home with my daughter, who was revising for her finals in European Studies at Cardiff University, so she was studying and revising all the European Institutions. The number of times he stated a "fact" that Ellie responded to with a "that's not true" or "oh no it isn't" was unbelievable. I have no reason to believe he is any less ignorant now.

Again interesting. History has it that Merkel said at the outset of the migrant crisis 'let them come'. No discussion with any of the nation states foreign ministers. Then, when the rest said, 'you invited them take the responsibility' the EU comes up with compulsory quotas. Undemocratic, Yes. Anti EU? Well, makes you wonder. You disagree with me and I you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Again interesting. History has it that Merkel said at the outset of the migrant crisis 'let them come'. No discussion with any of the nation states foreign ministers. Then, when the rest said, 'you invited them take the responsibility' the EU comes up with compulsory quotas. Undemocratic, Yes. Anti EU? Well, makes you wonder. You disagree with me and I you.

I don't think the migrant crisis is a particularly good example. There are hundreds of thousands of innocent people involved and it was/is a "crisis".

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That is right, you don't think. I think it is only ONE example.

I'm sorry I don't think........ how patronising.

Farage was talking cr@p in the 2005 election.

I would be interested in hearing other examples of Germany imposing things on the whole of Europe.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Open your eyes man. Do your own non-selective research.

My eyes are wide open, and I accept your failure to find any other examples of Germany imposing things on the rest of Europe.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No, we won't agree

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013

Think it was Germany that opened its borders and they didn't come here! They opened their borders for possibly altruistic reasons and pragmatic ones a s well. With an ageing population they need workers to carry on their economic success to sustain their economy and pay the taxes to keep funding their pensions and welfare etc.!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Think it was Germany that opened its borders and they didn't come here! They opened their borders for possibly altruistic reasons and pragmatic ones a s well. With an ageing population they need workers to carry on their economic success to sustain their economy and pay the taxes to keep funding their pensions and welfare etc.!
....and as soon as they get residency status, they then proceed across the EU to any destination... here also until we start clamping down a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
....and as soon as they get residency status, they then proceed across the EU to any destination... here also until we start clamping down a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well if the Germans train them up would'nt be a bad idea some nice skilled workers! Also if Brexit is a success, guess what, immigration probably at levels we have now will be required to sustain the growing economy from all the wonderful trade deals we shall have! :clap::O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here