Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few things to smile about today

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
my brother went to the bar and missed the first goal (which happens regularly to him), i went to the concourse and took the piss about it for 10 minutes - I went to the loo and missed the second. Lesson learnt.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Sam Baldock at Hassocks station at 1.30PM, on the London bound platform with a suitcase, hiding behind a tree to avoid being seen by all the Brighton fans on the other side.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Apart from that stunning win...

The blokes putting up that FA arch before the game getting drenched from the sprinklers

Trying to work out who the new ginger player was warming up in the first half (apparently it's Skalak with a new haircut)

GOSBTS getting stuck as the players came out for the second half ...has that ever happened before and I hadn't realised we use a record player.

Peter Brackley's impression of Motson. It was pretty good.

And from my vantage point in the front row of WSU, seeing all the late 1901ers dash out after HT when Gross scored his second. [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] I'm looking at you.

Any others?

I was there, though Louise was still at the canapes ����

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Apart from that stunning win...

The blokes putting up that FA arch before the game getting drenched from the sprinklers

Trying to work out who the new ginger player was warming up in the first half (apparently it's Skalak with a new haircut)

GOSBTS getting stuck as the players came out for the second half ...has that ever happened before and I hadn't realised we use a record player.

Peter Brackley's impression of Motson. It was pretty good.

And from my vantage point in the front row of WSU, seeing all the late 1901ers dash out after HT when Gross scored his second. [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] I'm looking at you.

Any others?

Oh, and I know your hearts will bleed for us, but the club has sealed all the doors from the main (italk) 1901 lounge for those who sit north of the halfway line, this is so that the premier league dignitaries don't have to be confronted by fans as they take their seats from the boardroom. Now we have to file out through the side corridor, a corridor that really isn't wide enough, hence many late returnees due to the queue to get back out to the seats. :shrug:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Think all the refs in our first 4 games have been excellent, different class from some of the officials we got in the championship

I see this said a lot. Last season most of the PL refs also regularly reffed games in the Championship. If there's an issue of quality it's to do with the training, not level of competition.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Same set of 4 blokes that sit to my left (and have done for the past 3 seasons) always leave for the bar on about 43 minutes and return on about 50. Always found it a pain as I have to move to let them out into the aisle, but very much a matter for them what they choose to do, but in addition to cheering the goals, I did have a little selfish petulant smile to myself that they missed 2 goals. A spot of Karma for having to get up and down blocking view for those behind

I just don’t get this having to have a pint at half time thing. I think I can safely say in 40 years of going to games I have never had one and thus have never missed a goal either side of half time.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
"I thought they were supposed to be crap." From one of a group of Jasper Carrotts walking back to Coldean afterwards.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was a little disappointed the crowd didn't, inspired by the music as the team came out for the second half, start to sing:

Good ol' sussex by the sea,

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh, and I know your hearts will bleed for us, but the club has sealed all the doors from the main (italk) 1901 lounge for those who sit north of the halfway line, this is so that the premier league dignitaries don't have to be confronted by fans as they take their seats from the boardroom. Now we have to file out through the side corridor, a corridor that really isn't wide enough, hence many late returnees due to the queue to get back out to the seats. :shrug:

First world problems.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Watching the game in the hotel bar with my two sons. 3 huge cheers as we scored each goal. At the end, people walking out congratulating us!:albion2::cheers:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here