Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Froome

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I agree. It's a bike race.

And to be honest, I enjoyed seeing Trentin really pissed off at the end of the race. No gifts in racing as Sean Kelly said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too enjoy seeing Trentin pissed off, if only because he once denied me my biggest ever betting win by a tyres width when I went all in on an Albasini stage win in the Tour a few years back. As you can tell, I still can't let that one go :cry:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure why he bothered to be so far up yesterday though as once inside the 3km to go he could have just sat up and no amount of gaps would have seen him lose the red jersey. Perhaps it was habit, perhaps he's just such a winner he just couldn't help but want the green jersey as well :shrug:
I don't understand the concept that a rider wouldn't fight for the green jersey?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't understand the concept that a rider wouldn't fight for the green jersey?

Is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure why he bothered to be so far up yesterday though as once inside the 3km to go he could have just sat up and no amount of gaps would have seen him lose the red jersey. Perhaps it was habit, perhaps he's just such a winner he just couldn't help but want the green jersey as well :shrug:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Patron of the Peloton move.
A la riding Aru off the road in the Tour I think this was Froome striding across cycling smacking everybody in the face with his knackers.

A bit like going all in for the Zenith Data System trophy having just won the Champions League

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A bit like going all in for the Zenith Data System trophy having just won the Champions League
So Sagan is just Zenith Data System level? I think the green jersey is worth winning, and if someone else is going to get it they should bloody fight for it, not expect it handed down as a consolation prize.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So Sagan is just Zenith Data System level? I think the green jersey is worth winning, and if someone else is going to get it they should bloody fight for it, not expect it handed down as a consolation prize.

Of course the Green Jersey is worth winning, and you know full well Sagan isn't ZDS level, but it isn't the pinnacle of Grand Tour jerseys.
Trentin can feel a little aggrieved that the jersey wasn't 'given to him' by a charitable partron.
Were the same situation have happened in July Trentin knows Froome would have be parading down the Champs a minute behind the sprint.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Of course the Green Jersey is worth winning, and you know full well Sagan isn't ZDS level, but it isn't the pinnacle of Grand Tour jerseys.
Trentin can feel a little aggrieved that the jersey wasn't 'given to him' by a charitable partron.
Were the same situation have happened in July Trentin knows Froome would have be parading down the Champs a minute behind the sprint.

I agree, in July Froome would have let this go. But in July he wouldn't have been in with a chance of winning it anyway.

As each race and edition of the same race changes how the points are awarded for this jersey, this year the Vuelta got it wrong with too many points being awarded for stage placings and not enough for the intermediate sprint points. That's clear when a GC winner can take it from a sprinter who won 4 stages and worked to get himself in numerous breaks for the intermediate points. None of that is Froome's fault though and if it there's to be won on the last day then fair enough.

This year the Tour got the balance spot on as witnessed by Matthews' brilliant effort to snaffle it from Kittel (even if Kittel wasn't a DNF it would have gone to the last day). Of course, had they not kicked Sagan out none of that would have mattered anyway :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here