Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex and fans today

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This......each to their own of course but I'm there to watch the game, and so much can happen in the minutes either side of HT and the last 5-10 mins. Blokes behind us are committed HT drinkers and always go out on about 42 mins, and rarely back for the start of the 2nd half. Looking at the highlights, I'd guess at least 15-20% of the crowd was queuing for or finishing refreshments when the first two goals went in.

Not all in the loos.

Instead the obsession with downing pints in plastic glasses, whilst the match is on.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Your choice I guess but this is crazy to me. Missing a piece of history for a bloody beer. You have all day to drink, why miss the 90 mins of football.

I didn't miss 90 minutes. I missed 5. Annoying thing being it was during the 5 minutes we scored twice. Wish I could say it's the first time it's happened... :ffsparr:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It is strange how there are always noticeable patches of empty seats in ESL on sell outs. Nothing to do with before and after h/t, they're empty for 90 minutes. The only time the filled was versus Wigan and Bristol City. Paying £550 to the club, then not turning up.

The NS and WS appear jam packed.

Perhaps a fully working team ticket exchange will help?

That's not strictly true. There is often a patchy bit at the north end of WSL. Never understood why, but it certainly stands out. As for empty seats, one of the Jnr Bobkins made the decision not to come as he wasn't feeling great so there was a space next to us.If I could have filled the gap I would have, but it's easier said than done – a lot of people were probably in a similar situation. These things happen and it honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The fans who WERE there made an excellent racket. Not on the level of the Man City game (unsurprisingly), but decent nonetheless.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My Eldest just turned 15 got so excited it the first goal he felt faint !

"Dad ive got to sit down, ive got stars in front of my eyes !"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
One great point was when the entire North Stand appeared to be singing as one!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Your choice I guess but this is crazy to me. Missing a piece of history for a bloody beer. You have all day to drink, why miss the 90 mins of football.

It's a fair point and is completely right of course but when you've had a few beers already, with mates and well................ you're all borderline alcoholics............. it happens.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

North Stand was superb on Saturday from my position in the East. Made a mockery of the protest we've heard in the past: "We can't sing in unison because the acoustics don't let us hear the other end of the stand" etc.

It can be done!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
North Stand was superb on Saturday from my position in the East. Made a mockery of the protest we've heard in the past: "We can't sing in unison because the acoustics don't let us hear the other end of the stand" etc.

It can be done!

I don't think it's not being able to hear as such but it's different groups starting songs at the same time, and then stubbornly continuing their chant rather than dropping it and adopting the other one. I'm right behind the goal and every game without fail there is a point where those to my left start singing something different to those on my right and you either pick a side or stay quiet.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Why are there never any videos of this? I would love to hear what the North Stand sounds like from another stand. The videos I normally find are just of kids talking to their phones as if they're working for Sky Sports and showing goal celebrations. It's all 'me, me, me'.

Maybe the club could do something like they did for the West Stand at the end of the game the other day. Sounded good.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
cheers for that ...as i only get to watch on the telly i am often confused by the amount of empty seats in the lower section of the east , usually blocks of 10 or so which was obviously a corporate thing but yesterday was a fairly even smattering of empty seats which quite honestly surprised me seeing as this was probably our first real chance of a decent result at home for the season.....never mind , everyone is entitled to their own opinion/decision.

It was sold out. The empty seats were most likely a result of fans going to the concourse either side of half time. If everyone went at half time, it would be chaos. There are always going to be people who can't make a game here and there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think it's not being able to hear as such but it's different groups starting songs at the same time, and then stubbornly continuing their chant rather than dropping it and adopting the other one. I'm right behind the goal and every game without fail there is a point where those to my left start singing something different to those on my right and you either pick a side or stay quiet.
Sounds like you're between the two groups, so you should start the songs so they can both join in.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sounds like you're between the two groups, so you should start the songs so they can both join in.

I certainly give it a good go (voice is still sore today). I think there's a group of blokes who know each other to my left though, or at least a group of more willing singers who join in with whoever leads the chant. Unfortunatly it feels like a lot of the people in my imediate area only like to sing when everyone is singing. I guess people don't like to draw attention to themselves if other's don't join in.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Best atmosphere at the Amex I've experienced I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here