Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex and fans today

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Earlier seasons at the Amex the North seemed to be fragmented and the rest of the ground had no one to lead them.

The club and its head of 'safety' were very heavy handed in enforcing rules in the NS in the first couple of seasons. From the front row of the WSU, we could see snatch squads of stewards grabbing fans who repeatedly stood up or showed any form of exhuberant footballing passion. At that time, bans were handed out. It killed the atmosphere.

From memory, PB listened to feedback and the stewarding became more pragmatic.

Fr

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How is he a Palace troll? I read a few of his past comments but can't work out why?

You couldn't work out we weren't getting a striker either. Told you I'd remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just sneaked a peek at the BBS, they are certainly rattled by our win. If Burnley do them tomorrow it'll be fantastic over there.

:lolol:

05190c9ba6e45f4429b03547652403c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Having watched Match of the Day, Football on 5 and the Sky footy coverage highlights yesterday, I think we can quite safely say we are amongst about 90% of other clubs that have support leaving early. Nothing to see here really.

Not a criticism of our support specifically, just early leavers in general, I think they're very ODD. They don't get to regale stories of last minute winners, celebrations with players or post match drinks. They get to tell stories of how they beat the traffic. Terrific.
Sorry for derailing thread, I think our support has been pretty good so far, and I was a little worried we might go a bit soft and cuddly in the Premier league with such 'prestigious' opposition, but happily not, and the North Stand, where I watch, has been suitably partisan.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I was going to make a comment on this. The 1st and 2nd goals were right up against the half time break... both showed empty seats in the adjacent crowd. This won't be down to people not turning up IMO, but due to people leaving early and returning late around half time.

I would love to know if anyone on here missed BOTH of Gross's goals for that reason. Anyone?

Missed first goal queuing for beer. Missed second drinking beer. Gutted.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not a criticism of our support specifically, just early leavers in general, I think they're very ODD. They don't get to regale stories of last minute winners, celebrations with players or post match drinks. They get to tell stories of how they beat the traffic. Terrific.
Sorry for derailing thread, I think our support has been pretty good so far, and I was a little worried we might go a bit soft and cuddly in the Premier league with such 'prestigious' opposition, but happily not, and the North Stand, where I watch, has been suitably partisan.

Has never for one moment irritated, upset or amazed me, each to their own.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was going to make a comment on this. The 1st and 2nd goals were right up against the half time break... both showed empty seats in the adjacent crowd. This won't be down to people not turning up IMO, but due to people leaving early and returning late around half time.

I would love to know if anyone on here missed BOTH of Gross's goals for that reason. Anyone?

Will anyone come clean and admit that?

It was the same with those who missed all three goals against Norwood in March 2013, scored either side of h/t.

Harvey's of Lewes have a lot to answer for.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Your choice I guess but this is crazy to me. Missing a piece of history for a bloody beer. You have all day to drink, why miss the 90 mins of football.

This......each to their own of course but I'm there to watch the game, and so much can happen in the minutes either side of HT and the last 5-10 mins. Blokes behind us are committed HT drinkers and always go out on about 42 mins, and rarely back for the start of the 2nd half. Looking at the highlights, I'd guess at least 15-20% of the crowd was queuing for or finishing refreshments when the first two goals went in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here