Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings: West Brom (h)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ryan 8 He gets an 8 for the importance of the save and he'll be delighted to have had such an easy day. Looked more comfortable today.
Bruno 7 Classic Bruno without doing anything overly special.
Duffy 7 Headers were incredible, his ridiculous back pass was less so!
Dunk 8 Spreading passes and broke through the lines which helped us get the upper hand in the game. CLASS.
Suttner 6 Looks to still be playing within himself, not really gelling with March at all.
Knockaert 7 Marked down for lack of end product and didn't track Gibbs, leading to the goal. Always a threat though.
Stephens 5 Looks out of his depth at the moment, he needs Propper to get out of his way a little bit. Propper higher up would give him more passing options too.
Propper 7 Much better, looked like a real player. The signs are good for him, no doubting his pedigree.
March 8 Oddly overrated on here, put in the defensive shift without doubt and one or two good deliveries as well to be fair.
Gross 8 Nowhere for 40 minutes and then exploded into life. Dave needed a game at right back to settle, Gross needed a goal.
Hemed 7 Marked up for the goal but obviously short of quality. Tried hard which is the minimum, not his fault he's a yard short.

Subs
Rosenior 6 He's a good player to have to come in when required, glad he got some minutes on the pitch.
Murray 6 Poor all round, we need him to be starting games to get his fitness back up again.

Showed quite a bit of quality today, especially when he 1) skilfully got around the WBA defender and played the ball to Gross, providing an assist; and 2) perfectly executed his header after making space for himself.

:facepalm:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan 8 save + 1
Bruno 7 missed him when he went off
Duffy 8 against a big team
Dunk 8
Suttner 6 beaten too easily too often
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7 back to his standard two season ago
Propper 7
March 8 seemed to do OK
Gross 9
Hemed 8 equal best game for the Albion

Subs
Rosenior 6 beaten too easily by Philips once
Murray -1 atrocious, lost out, booked and misplaced passes

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I think some people are being hard on Hemed - it was his control of the ball and pass that set up Gross's second goal.

Hemed's header was top quality, really good.
Propper's pass out to March in the first half was a thing of beauty, Dunk-esque. And it's what we do well, stretch the play from left to right. It's been said but too deep is no good for him. But needs must at the moment - Kayal/Sidwell will give him some freedom to do what he obviously does best.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
muzz looked a bit moody when he came on and could have been marched for leading with the elbow ....oh and back chatting as well.....hope he's got that out of his system, all in all a very encouraging performance ....:smile:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ryan 7- didn't have much to do, but what he did, he did well. Looked a lot more confident in his box and his handling was good. Pulled off a good save in first half. Ben Roberts coaching is clearly paying off

Suttner - 7 wasn't really tested
Dunk - 8 imperious in the air and even better in the floor. Made some important interceptions in both halves and played a part in one of the goals

Duffy- 8.5 won all but one header and helped to nullify Rondon. Outstanding and my MOM

Bruno - 8 excellent again. Continues to belie his age.

Stephens 7.5 - much better form now from Stephens and looking like his old self

Propper 8.5 ran the mf in the first half and looked by far the best player on the pitch. Faded a little in the 2nd when WBA had more possession but I like what I'm seeing
Knockaert 8 typical bombastic displayed from our magician on the left. Gave their defence the run around.

March 9 given higher mark than AK as his attacking and defensive displays were outstanding. Should have been rested for Izquierdo in last 5-6 minutes as looked shattered

Gross- 9 looking like the no 10 we need and will get bundles of confidence from two goals and an assist.

Hemed 9 worked his socks off today and his movement for his first goal was top class. Pleased for the lad

Rosenior- 7 did what we know he can do. Great leader on the pitch and his experience will be vital if we are to stay up.

Murray 6 typical huff and puff. I think he may struggle this year...that said guarantee he will score a double against Bmuff Friday which he will be well up for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 8 Marked up 1 for that save near end.. My heart wouldnt have stood up to last 10m.
Suttner 7 Good game. Quietest I have seen Phillips have. Burke was a handfull and had great help from March
Duffy 7 Good game but in between had few dodgy moments
Dunk 9 Outstanding
Bruno 7 Good game. Premier first touch
Stevens 6 Fair.Gave ball away too much and needs to make himself available more.
Propper 7 Good game. Like to see him get in more forward positions but would think is under instructions
Gross 9 What is there to say 2 goals and an assist
Knockhaert 7 Best attacking player in 1st half defended well in 2nd. Pleased cut petulance out of game
Hemed 7 Thought he contributed nothing when we were on top in 1st half. Made up for it with great assist and goal
March 7 Apart from great defending cant go along with rave reviews. Received ball in great positions in 1st half. Several chances one to one with full back ( is a centre back) and never took him on or got cross passed first defender. Could say all forgiven for great cross for first goal but why didnt he do it more

Team work 10

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 8 - a couple of good saves at important times. Looked assured with the ball at his feet and claimed the ball well on a few occasions.
Bruno 7 - solid but unspectacular. Didn't get forward as much as usual.
Dunk 9 - brilliant. Quickly proving himself to be an accomplished Premier League defender.
Duffy 7 - decent but still looks like he has a mistake in him, and indeed he made a couple of mistakes today at crucial times that would have been punished on most days in the Premier League.
Suttner 7 - well supported by March. Didn't get forward a lot, but defended quite well.
Stephens 7 - dictated the game early but struggled a bit more once Pulis pushed their new Polish guy up on to him. His best performance this season though.
Propper 8 - very good throughout the game. Barely lost the ball, but looks like he's being held back from his natural game at the moment as it appears he wants to get forward regularly.
Gross 10 - two goals and an assist. A bit peripheral first half, but when he was in good positions, he made the absolute most of them.
Knockaert 7 - a good outlet but he failed to make the most of situations. Promising though.
March 9 - brilliant defensively, a crucial assist for the first, and an outlet throughout, driving us up the pitch.
Hemed 9 - I've been a big critic of his, but he was brilliant yesterday. His movement for his goal was excellent, his link up play for the second was very good and he worked their defence all game.

Subs: -
Rosenior 6 - solid but didn't do anything particularly special.
Murray 6 - a nothing cameo. Didn't hold the ball particularly well.

CH - a much improved mentality. Long may it continue. Not keen on the sitting back for the last 20 minutes though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ryan 8 - Very solid and two very good saves. Good off his line and excellent distribution too
Bruno 7 - Gave the ball away a few times in the first half and tried to be too clever on occasions. Overall solid defensively though
Dunk 9 - Man of the match for me despite Gross' performance. So good defensively and excellent distribution from the back
Duffy 8 - Dominant in the air and very solid generally. Him and Dunk are an excellent partnership
Suttner 7 - Not a lot to do but what he did was effective
Stephens 7 - Not a great first half but improved in the second half. Hope he continues to improve
Propper 8 - Best performance yet. Good on the ball and dominant in the midfield. Hope he carries on like this as he'll be great value for money
Gross 9 - Quiet for the first 40 minutes, then amazing for the rest of the match. Two goals and one assist can't be argued with. Fantastic pass to start off the move for his first goal too
Knockaert 8 - Not at his best but still caused West Brom problems
March 9 - Great cross for the first goal and good going forward but also covered so much ground defensively. That area of his game has improved so much since returning from injury
Hemed 8 - Worked very hard and deserved his goal. Good link up with Gross for the second goal too

Subs

Rosenior 7 - Solid when he came on
Murray 6 - Struggled to get up with the pace of the game. May not have been fully fit

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Marks from a popular newspaper:

Ryan 7
Bruno 6
Dunk 7
Duffy 8
Suttner 6
March 7
Stephens 6
Propper 7
Gross 9 MOM
Hemed 8
Knockaert 7

Rosenior 6
Murray 5

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Interesting debate on Solly. For me, he earned at least an 8 for his defensive work. But he had the beating of their right back all day long but failed to put in a good delivery regularly. His first decent delivery resulted in the first goal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surprised you scored March 7. The radio said he was brilliant.

From the radio? As someone who constantly criticizes the Albion, I assumed you went to matches. ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Showed quite a bit of quality today, especially when he 1) skilfully got around the WBA defender and played the ball to Gross, providing an assist; and 2) perfectly executed his header after making space for himself.

:facepalm:

Sure, you can pick out those two moments and ignore the rest of the game if you want. I have no problem at all with someone not playing well but making a match winning contribution. The game is all about the moments, he had two very good moments in the game which contributed to our winning it, which is why he didn't get a bad mark.

But if you watched the first half, and how ineffective he was throughout, you couldn't possibly have given him a good rating. He's a yard short in every department, but he influenced the game yesterday and we won. :albion:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Surprised at some of the criticism for Stephens. He did a lot of the dirty work today, nothing spectacular but broke up play and distributed the ball. I'm sure many of the doubters won't notice how important he is until he's not there. Albion fans never appreciate a hard working CM - many said the same about Hammond before he went to Southampton and then he left and we constantly got overrun in midfield and the same people wondered why!

As per last season, he'll get most of his praise when he's not actually playing and we're getting bullied in midfield every week.

Personally I hope we don't get to find out and he puts in the same performance yesterday in every game for the rest of the season, and we'll be alright.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sure, you can pick out those two moments and ignore the rest of the game if you want. I have no problem at all with someone not playing well but making a match winning contribution. The game is all about the moments, he had two very good moments in the game which contributed to our winning it, which is why he didn't get a bad mark.

But if you watched the first half, and how ineffective he was throughout, you couldn't possibly have given him a good rating. He's a yard short in every department, but he influenced the game yesterday and we won. :albion:

Rubbish. Hemed had the best game I've seen him have for us in a long time and I would have said the same without the goal. Whether he's up to your standards is another matter, considering you think Baldock is shit.

This is far from me saying he is the answer to our prayers, but to fail to recognise the shift he put in yesterday is criminal.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
ryan - 8
Bruno - 6
Suttner - 7
dunk - 8
duffy - 9
knockhaert - 8
march - 9
proper - 8
stephens - 7
gross - 9 (MOM)
hemed - 8

Rosenior - 7
Murray - 5

A very decent performance but thought WBA were poor for 75 mins. Swallows and summers and all that but we have set our own standards now, so hope we can keep up that kind of performance.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Ryan -7- decent game for us , good save from 1 on 1
Bruno -8- some classy touches at times
Dunk -9- some brilliant tackles and also took the ball forward
Duffy -8- brilliant in the air , relieved his hand ball on the line didn't work otherwise would have been stupid to be without him for 3 games
Suttner -6- linked well with March needs to get forward more
Knockaert -7- quiet by his standards
Stephens -6- needs to control the game more
Propper -7- his best game for us so far and got forward more than previous games
March -9- MOTM - He was brilliant , especially 2nd half tracking back and helping Suttner out
Gross -9- two goals and a brilliant assist
Hemed -9- Scored a really difficult goal and the bear post and his strength to hold off the defender to bring in Gross for his 2nd was sublime

Rosenior -7- solid game and turning into fans favourite with his celebrations at the end
Murray -5- didn't do much at all when he came on

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Ryan had comfortably his best game for us. A couple of decent saves but more importantly apart from one minor mix up with Duffy he did everything you'd want him to do and did it confidently.

Dunk and Duffy are excellent together. I was really impressed with Dunk both defensively and with the ball. Duffy was Duffy, that game was made for him.

Bruno is a reassuring presence at the back and was yesterday. Hope he's good to go against bournemouth.

Suttner didn't do much wrong but in the second half all the defending on the left side of the pitch seemed to be done by March.

March put in a tremendous shift defensively but I'd really like to see him in more advanced positions. He has the ability to cause full backs all kinds of problems.

Knockeart very good first half, not so noticeable in the second particularly once Bruno came off.

Stephens and Propper. Not sure why Stephens is gettin low scores, I thought he had a fairly decent game yesterday. As did Propper who seems to be getting more comfortable with how we play and the premier league with each game. Potentially an excellent signing.

Gross. Thought he was a bit of a passenger until he scored and then he suddenly turned into the player we all thought we had signed. Hope this game gives him the confidence to go from strength to strength.

Hemed. As always put a shift in and scored a really good goal. Delighted for him.

Rosenior. He did fine, a very able deputy for Bruno.

Murray. Thought he was fairly poor. The ball didn't stick.

Overall a very good performance for 70 odd minutes before reverting to the all out defensive mode that we loved doing in 2015/16. We're up and running and a proper premier league team now.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here