Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk V Evans

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Speaking of the importance Duffy, I was actually pleased that he failed to keep the west brom goal out with his handball on the line attempt.

A straight red card, a penalty and a ban would have hurt us far more than 1 goal when already 3 up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
4 games gone and no cards for Dunk despite moving up a level. Must be a personal record.:wink:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Was about this time last year we played Brentford at home and lost 2/0 ...wasnt that his home debut? Come a long way since!

This weekend last year. And the ridiculous criticism he received after two games and how we wasted our money on him. £3.5 million looks an absolute bargain now. Must be worth a minimum of three or four times that now.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I have a horrible feeling he won't be here next season whatever happens.

He's shown he's class at this level and belongs here.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The reality is Evans is an established Premier League ball playing defender who has proven he can play for a top side. It's absolutely no wonder the top sides were looking at him, and in the current market WBA should be asking for at least £30m for a player of his age and experience. Yes, he didn't play well yesterday, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

Dunk, on the other hand, is a younger player with much less experience who is playing in his first season in the top flight. There's no doubting he's a good player, and a year of performances like yesterday will see his value shooting up, but he's not proven himself yet to be at Evans' level consistently. We, and he, would be arrogant to think otherwise.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apart from that one back pass by Duffy which nearly went to their forward, they both were solid and immense.

There was a guy by me who was going irate every time Duffy played it back to Ryan because Duffy didn't appear to look before making the back pass. Most of the time the WBA player was practically on Duffy's back, so he would have known where the player was. I think the one to which you refer was close, but I think Duffy knew what he was doing.

What surprised me was that several times the player was on Duffy's back and he played it back to Ryan and not once did a WBA team mate pick up on this and take a chance to make the run to cut out the inevitable back pass.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was expecting the Pulis bully boys to be out heading and elbowing and shoving their way to an undeserved couple of goals yesterday. They didn't get a look in - partly due to the fact that the double Ds can't be bullied.

Something else pleasing - no obvious targeting of our 'flair' players (like the attempted take out of Knocky at Watford). It it because we are so under the radar the opposition don't bother, or are the standards and ethics a bit higher in the long post-Keane era PL?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Why on earth the likes of Man City were prepared to pay north of £20 million for a Centre Back as bang average and injury prone as Jonny Evans is beyond me.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
And the last ten or so games last season. Once Duffy got injured, I don't think Dunk got booked again. He seems to have matured massively in the last six months. What a player he has turned into.

Dunks last booking came in the 3-0 defeat at Forest. 15 games without a yellow, shows an increasing level of maturity but also just how good he is too.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great to see, love the Dunk/Duffy combo, complement each other really well. Thank God we went up, because if we hadn't and I was a Premier League club, I'd have put in a double bid for both of them as a pair.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Why on earth the likes of Man City were prepared to pay north of £20 million for a Centre Back as bang average and injury prone as Jonny Evans is beyond me.

Because more knowledgable people than you think he's good?

Oh, and he's played 30 games+ for the last two seasons. Don't let facts get in the way of an unsubstantiated opinion though.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Because more knowledgable people than you think he's good?

Oh, and he's played 30 games+ for the last two seasons. Don't let facts get in the way of an unsubstantiated opinion though.

What's a message board without opinion? Unsubstantiated? Well he features in the both the following lists of the Premier League's most injury prone players.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2017/08/top-10-injury-prone-premier-league-players/

http://www.90min.com/posts/3843967-revealed-the-20-most-injury-prone-players-in-the-premier-league-since-2012

If he were that good, I imagine he would still be at Manchester United who have struggled with Centre Backs since Vidic and Ferdinand, and they wouldn't have flogged him to West Brom. van Gaal sold him and Mourinho had no obvious appetite to bring him back. No doubt they know more about football than most.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dunks last booking came in the 3-0 defeat at Forest. 15 games without a yellow, shows an increasing level of maturity but also just how good he is too.

Good stat. When was his last goal ? Norwich ?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Double Diamond.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here