Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk V Evans

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Dunk has the ability to bring the ball out that simply isn't in Evans' game. TBH, if anyone thinks Evans is really worth anywhere near 30m, then the game's well and truly gone. One thing worried me, though - at the end of one run, Dunk let the ball run ahead of him and lunged a bit to try to get in back, which was what resulted in Cahill's red card on the opening day in Chelsea v Burnley. But otherwise he was excellent.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Both Dunk and Duffy were outstanding today.

I can imagine on the radio the most repeated phrase today would have been 'and Shane Duffy wins another header'...

And as others have said, Dunk's ability to bring the ball out of defence and spread the play is great to watch.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
He was made to look poor (as was Abraham last season) by Dunks excellence. Continue like this and he'll be in with a shout for Russia

Sadly, I don't think he will. The Malta game was an opportunity for Southgate to try up and coming central defenders in Keane and/or Maguire. He chose neither and stuck with 'tried and tested'. I suspect that, in Southgate's eyes, Keane/Maguire (and possibly Mawson) are next in line to replace any of the old guard in Cahill, Jones and Smalling.

Dunk will probably need at least a full season in the Prem before Southgate considers him.

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
at the end of one run, Dunk let the ball run ahead of him and lunged a bit to try to get in back, which was what resulted in Cahill's red card on the opening day in Chelsea v Burnley.

Proves how immense he really is if he can affect not only other teams, but the past!

They both looked awesome today, anyone remember the bash brothers from the mighty ducks movies?

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Dunk is starting to remind me of Mark Lawrenson.

He is getting better defensively as year on year goes by but is now adding a real purpose when bringing the ball out and through midfield.

His range of passing, his defending, his reading of the game has improved so much - MOM for all round contribution today in my book.

So glad the club didn't buckle under the pressure to sell a couple of years back.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
No contest. Dunk was simply superb today and has been all season and last. Baffles me how we held on to him in the summer.

Could easily be in the England squad going to Russia unless Southgate is either blind or clueless.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
No contest. Dunk was simply superb today and has been all season and last. Baffles me how we held on to him in the summer.

Could easily be in the England squad going to Russia unless Southgate is either blind or clueless.

I know we had reported bids in 2015 and 2016, but none reported this year did we? Half way down this Argus feature, it seems to suggest we did tho..???

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15525234.Barber_warns_Premier_clubs_might_have_to__just_say_no_/

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If we continue to impress at the back then January is really going to test our resolve, especially on Dunk I think. I can see Everton being a strong candidate in his case.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

So won't be going to Russia then.

I don't think there is any other English central defender capable of passing the ball like Dunk. If he continues to show the form he's shown this season then I doubt we'll be able to hold on to him next summer. Although I'd be disappointed to see him leave I think he's going to be on the radar of some of the big clubs very soon.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
99% of the footie world will have watched the 5 mins of highlights on MOTD and not taken in how absolutely immense Dunk was yesterday. Not only defending, but those cross-field balls to Knockaert or Bruno were incredible. And a couple of tackles (when West Brom could have been through on goal) were superb. Although I haven't watched a huge amount of Prem football in the past, I can't believe Dunk is far behind Stones. And as someone else on here said, if Liverpool had Dunk and Duffy they'd be sorted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Both our centre backs were outstanding bar one Duffy near catastrophe in the first half.

I know Gross scored twice but March was really on his game

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here