Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Bromwich Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will we get Pulis the bad loser who blames the ref ("Duffy should have been sent off", or "after international duty, our players took 75 minutes to wake up, which was very disappointng"?

Actual Pulis quote in his BBC interview and yes, he mentioned international duty:

West Brom manager Tony Pulis: "You have to give Brighton credit. I'm not pleased with the way we played during certain stages of the game.

"If you're not at all in stages of the game, you will get beaten. It's disappointing."

"We conceded three poor goals. We had a lot of possession to have created more too.

"Everybody has to deal with the international break but some of our players turned up on Thursday afternoon and they looked like it."

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Actual Pulis quote in his BBC interview and yes, he mentioned international duty:

West Brom manager Tony Pulis: "You have to give Brighton credit. I'm not pleased with the way we played during certain stages of the game.

"If you're not at all in stages of the game, you will get beaten. It's disappointing."

"We conceded three poor goals. We had a lot of possession to have created more too.

"Everybody has to deal with the international break but some of our players turned up on Thursday afternoon and they looked like it."

Be interesting to know how many they had playing internationally compared to us.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Thought perhaps we could have used another sub as we looked a little tired. A shame Kayal is not fit as he would have been good in the final 20 I think.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Delivery for Mr. Hughton.

765_340_1_1_11850%20bag%20pallet.jpg

Yes, mate. Buzzing like a teenager again. Kudos for all your Official Duties, it's a thankless task. So happy we can forget about the weak of bladder for a week or so. Getting behind your team shouldn't seem so tricky.

As for Hughton's cache of salt - by now he could basically create he's own Dead Sea on Brighton beach and walk on water.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Their no 26 was atrocious to say the least and a really good, confidence boosting win.

Need not to slack off at the end, other teams will punish us for this
Yes that was disappointing if a little understanding. Maybe the players were a bit tired but around me we genuinely thought we could win 4 or 5 nil we were that dominant. Obviously have taken 3-1 before the off though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The bloke sat to my left kept standing up with his arms stretched out, everytime one of our players made a mistake, bloody awful, I thought he was going to burst into song.....:facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't understand why we didn't bring on Jose with 10 mins to go. We were looking tired and under constant pressure. March defended well, but when we tried to break he didn't have the legs, Jose could have done both. Obviously all's well that ends well, but I don't get the decision.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I don't understand why we didn't bring on Jose with 10 mins to go. We were looking tired and under constant pressure. March defended well, but when we tried to break he didn't have the legs, Jose could have done both. Obviously all's well that ends well, but I don't get the decision.

Because March was defending superbly at the time. No point in replacing him. He could have come in for Knockaert but we just didn't need to change it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because March was defending superbly at the time. No point in replacing him. He could have come in for Knockaert but we just didn't need to change it.
..........or for Gross.

In hindsight, yes we held out, but would still have liked his speed as a counter-attacking threat for the last 10-15 minutes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We needed to defend first. I doubt Jizzy knows Hughton's defence drills as well as the others.

Nine of them knowing the drill and flooding the penalty area should be enough! Anyway, Jose would be helping the defence, insomuch as he'd be keeping two of their blokes back to keep an eye on him - that's two less attackers laying siege to our goal.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Nine of them knowing the drill and flooding the penalty area should be enough! Anyway, Jose would be helping the defence, insomuch as he'd be keeping two of their blokes back to keep an eye on him - that's two less attackers laying siege to our goal.

Keep on questioning CH's tactics but that's the way I read it and it was sensible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here