Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Bromwich Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Keep on questioning CH's tactics but that's the way I read it and it was sensible.

Oh I know it's the CH way and won't be changed, and of course I'm not questioning his success rate. Yesterday it worked and we got away with it, but there have been a few occasions over the last couple of seasons when it hasn't worked and we've conceded late and lost points. Maybe playing the percentages it works more often than not, which may be why CH does it.
It is still going to make the last 10-15 minutes of nearly every game this season a f**kin' miserable time though!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Oh I know it's the CH way and won't be changed, and of course I'm not questioning his success rate. Yesterday it worked and we got away with it, but there have been a few occasions over the last couple of seasons when it hasn't worked and we've conceded late and lost points. Maybe playing the percentages it works more often than not, which may be why CH does it.
It is still going to make the last 10-15 minutes of nearly every game this season a f**kin' miserable time though!

I know what you're saying, bringing on Murphy could have been a better idea for Knockaert, would have wasted time and got a less tired outlet. But also that would have changed the team, when we were a pretty solid unit at he time.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Oh jesus wept.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know what you're saying, bringing on Murphy could have been a better idea for Knockaert, would have wasted time and got a less tired outlet. But also that would have changed the team, when we were a pretty solid unit at he time.

We're almost agreeing! I would have brought in Jose rather than Murphy though.........

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We're almost agreeing! I would have brought in Jose rather than Murphy though.........

Anyone rather than Murphy. The head down shuffle. The all too predictable run, slap bang into a defender. The all too predictable break away from the opposition.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh jesus wept.

Yes, weeping along with several thousand* Albion fans biting their finger nails, holding their breath, eyes half shut 'cos they can hardly bear to look, dreading the ball ricocheting into the back of our net after a prolonged spell of pinball in the six yard box, praying for the final whistle. That's what f**kin' miserable is.

* Presumably excluding those who've buggered off to get to the trains early.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Anyone rather than Murphy. The head down shuffle. The all too predictable run, slap bang into a defender. The all too predictable break away from the opposition.

And don't forget the all too predictable on breakaways, if you put him one on one with only the keeper to beat, it ends up in the back of the net

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
1979 ..4th match of our first season in the top tier having not won any of our previous three at home (I was there) I remember we won it but has forgotten that it was 3/1 ..now there's a coincidence for you

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here