Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sport

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This may have been asked but the search facility on NSC doesnt work so if so apologies in advance. Oct 1st game away to Arsenal is on BT Sport I understand that you cannot get this with a Now TV box but reading the forums it says that you can with a chromecast so does this mean I will be able to watch it on my Roku stick? Depending on the answer as to whether I book a day or months Now TV Sports pass pre Bournemouth. Many thanks

I would recommend Virgin Media to you BG, take their XL Package and u get BT sports free, then add Sky Sports, for a gentleman of a certain age all this fussing around streaming this, Riki sticking that, watching football on tablets etc is way to stressful for u in my view, throw some money at the situation man!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm baffled

Not really cos going to a pub to watch it is an option, as pointed out it would be the cheapest but the 2nd part was my answer to that in that I object to paying pub prices now.

However the problem has been overcome and I will watch the game on my tv via laptop and hdmi lead but 1 question do I have to download a BT App to the laptop or will it just log in? Sorry to be a pain but if you dont know you have to ask somebody who does, and there are many on here who will.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
not really cos going to a pub to watch it is an option, as pointed out it would be the cheapest but the 2nd part was my answer to that in that i object to paying pub prices now.

However the problem has been overcome and i will watch the game on my tv via laptop and hdmi lead but 1 question do i have to download a bt app to the laptop or will it just log in? Sorry to be a pain but if you dont know you have to ask somebody who does, and there are many on here who will.

one more.........

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
i am lucky here in Turkey because I can get BT sport but picture is sometimes a bit wonky. However I can get Bein sports channels and have been told they will be showing every match regardless of kick off time, infact I watched the West Brom game and was surprised to see that it had English commentry

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
For those who have BT Sport as an extra with EE mobile (free for 3 months, then low cost after that) - they don't allow Chromecast to stream it to your TV (as I found out when I had my mate round to watch Man City at start of season). BUT I have just discovered that if you run the Google Home app you can mirror the contents of your mobile's screen (and audio) onto your TV screen, and it works! It is suggested you turn off notifications or go Aeroplane mode to stop your screen showing your incoming messages! Great workaround though and just in time for the Sunday game 😊

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Does anyone know the cheapest way to get BT Sport when you are with Sky? I'm tempted to add it for a few months from December to cover the Ashes and the Champions League knockout rounds in Feb and March now the British teams look decent again. It seems like asking Sky to add it is about £22 per month, so is there a better deal out there?

You might be able to get a deal if you have SKY Sports as part of your package. Failing that, just ring and ask, if you don't get anywhere give them 30 days notice of cancelling your package and then wait for them to call/write to you with a better deal.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thanks. My Sky deal (TV including sports, broadband and phone) is very handily due for renewal in early November so I will try this and see what they offer me in the way of BT. I hadn't really thought about bargaining with Sky as I presumed their hands would be tied when it comes to the price of BT Sport, but maybe not...

Technically they are. Sky don't like reducing competitors prices. But, as an example you may be able to add BT Sports at full price but get a 'reduction' on your Sky channel package. It helps if you are in a Virgin Media street, you can play one against the other. You can't cheat though because they have detailed maps of premises that can get Virgin Media. Try and get a customer service rep in the UK as the foreign ones are not authorised to 'do deals' for existing customers. Customer retention agents have the most flexibility.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
BT are my ISP [Infinity 2] and charge me £5 per month extra for BT sports.
In a review of my overall landline and BB costs, I'm paying way over the top so shall be looking elsewhere ASAP

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
BT are my ISP [Infinity 2] and charge me £5 per month extra for BT sports.
In a review of my overall landline and BB costs, I'm paying way over the top so shall be looking elsewhere ASAP

If you are out of contact try and negotiate a better price.

I've got landline, broadband and BT Sport for £27.99 a month. (BT Sport is £3 a month after much haggling- although check current offers and state your case)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here