Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BT Sport

Members

BT Sport

0 Not allowed!
    This may have been asked but the search facility on NSC doesnt work so if so apologies in advance. Oct 1st game away to Arsenal is on BT Sport I understand that you cannot get this with a Now TV box but reading the forums it says that you can with a chromecast so does this mean I will be able to watch it on my Roku stick? Depending on the answer as to whether I book a day or months Now TV Sports pass pre Bournemouth. Many thanks

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This may have been asked but the search facility on NSC doesnt work so if so apologies in advance. Oct 1st game away to Arsenal is on BT Sport I understand that you cannot get this with a Now TV box but reading the forums it says that you can with a chromecast so does this mean I will be able to watch it on my Roku stick? Depending on the answer as to whether I book a day or months Now TV Sports pass pre Bournemouth. Many thanks
      BT sport is a rival to Sky, so no you cannot get it on NowTV.

Chromecast doesn't get anything itself, you just send video to it from something else (eg laptop or mobile phone) for it to play on your TV.

Your Roku stick has many things on it but BT Sport is not one, and chromecast is not two.

If you can find a moody stream on your laptop/PC/phone and you have a chromecast dongle (like a Roku stick) stuck in the back of your telly you can 'cast' it to the chromecast.

You may be able to DLNA 'cast' to the Roku if you have an app such as Plex on it to receive the cast.
      face piles of trials, with smiles
      it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      Do you use BT as your internet provider ? In which case you can watch online.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GOM View Post
      BT sport is a rival to Sky, so no you cannot get it on NowTV.

Chromecast doesn't get anything itself, you just send video to it from something else (eg laptop or mobile phone) for it to play on your TV.

Your Roku stick has many things on it but BT Sport is not one, and chromecast is not two.

If you can find a moody stream on your laptop/PC/phone and you have a chromecast dongle (like a Roku stick) stuck in the back of your telly you can 'cast' it to the chromecast.

You may be able to DLNA 'cast' to the Roku if you have an app such as Plex on it to receive the cast.

Many thanks for that but I dont really understand what I need to do to watch the Arsenal game. If it comes within the realms of streaming and putting NSC in potential trouble perhaps you could send me a message giving more details if that is permitted. It is the last line about DLNA cast that I dont understand.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      Do you use BT as your internet provider ? In which case you can watch online.
      Even if don't have BT sport.?
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Poyningsgull View Post
      Even if don't have BT sport.?
      Yes. I got a deal for 3 a month as part of my broadband. Can watch it online through different mediums. Worth it as I like watching the Rugby too. If you want it just ring their customer services. You can have it added or, even better, If you are out of minimum contract negotiate a new deal that includes it.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I do not have BT for anything as to my mind they are too expensive but my middle son has them for Internet I think, so if he came to my house could he log into his BT account and watch it on my laptop?
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I do not have BT for anything as to my mind they are too expensive but my middle son has them for Internet I think, so if he came to my house could he log into his BT account and watch it on my laptop?
      Yes BG, providing he's paying for BT Sport.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I got the BT deal via EE (free for 3 months) then cheap after that. I hoped to stream the BT Sport app via Chromecast to the TV but though they allow streaming if you are a BT subscriber they don't via the deal so I can only watch it on my phone, a bit small but better than nothing, though I have a sim converter for my tablet to try sometime. It is said that you can watch it on TV if you have Windows 10 as you can then channel the BT Sport app via a lead to your TV.