Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday night "the season starts now" drinking thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Popped into Brewdog on the way home from work and had a pizza and their Tangerine Session IPA and a Double IPA from the 2017 Prototype range and a Pump Action Poet Stonefruit IPA.

The five new P's of marketing with a born again product: Popped, Pub, Pizza, Pints, Pissed (7% beer).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm on Lidls Pale Ale :smile: and it is both bloody good and bloody cheap (Whitstable Bay or something, oh and Gnarly Fox)... and 2 hours back from Amsterdam with some 'dodgy' e-liquid :wink:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Massive admiration for anyone who both leaves a bottle of wine unfinished and then leaves it untouched for the best part of a week.

Sadly not due to self restraint but a week working away in deepest Kent and staying over in Lovely Premier Travelinns plus the fact that Mrs Jakarta seems to have lost her taste for wine due to her Chemotherapy.

Happily no longer forlorn as it met its maker about 30 minutes ago. :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Massive admiration for anyone who both leaves a bottle of wine unfinished and then leaves it untouched for the best part of a week.

I can do that, I strictly don't drink from Monday to Friday evening when working a normal 5 day week.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Beer cupboard was dry so cracked open a bottle of red. No idea what is was and as the empty has been thrown, never will.
Hate to upset you ale drinkers but Burton is calling me, stop over next Wednesday. I'm really going to enjoy my pint at the Last Heretic with that Palace supporter if we are still above them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still desperately hoping they go ahead with the 'final' TIE series Shane Meadows promised. Best drama on British TV in my lifetime.

Really I had thought the last one was the final one.

It is a very good series emotional, raw, sensitive and realistic

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really I had thought the last one was the final one.

It is a very good series emotional, raw, sensitive and realistic

Me too but Meadows has been quoted as saying that there's more.......from Wiki......

Although This Is England '90 was previously expected to be the final instalment in the This Is England series,[8] in interviews close to the May 2016 BAFTA awards, Meadows talked about the potential of one final film as a way of "bookending [the series] for cinema and TV",[9] saying "I think there's a film that's left in there ... there is still one little gem in there". He implied this would be a future release to end the series, shown simultaneously in cinemas and on television.[10][11]

Planning for another film was again confirmed in 2017, although no timescale has been discussed for the project.[12]

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
The cider steak continues apace.

Henry Westons Vintage.
Blackthorn special reserve 👍 20170908_235721.jpg

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The cider steak continues apace.

Henry Westons Vintage.

Same! 3 for a fiver is a good investment and hits the spot nicely. In fact not many other beers/ciders give quite the same unique kick!:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here