Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Members

Our Most Influential Player

0 Not allowed!
    Sam Baldock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40974299

We really do miss him, we were a much stronger side when he started last season.

Meanwhile, Jamie Murphy was quite comfortably our least influential player.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      The fact that players like Sterling and Stones are ranked as highly influential says enough about the reliability of that article.
      Took me years to realise that I spent my youth standing next to Steve Foster every week watching Sunday league football. Oops!

1 Not allowed!
      Baldrick's busy (but unlike some from the past, effective) running the lines and channels gives us so many more options than we currently threaten.

Invaluable right now in our present situation.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Normski1989 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The fact that players like Sterling and Stones are ranked as highly influential says enough about the reliability of that article.
      Where's Stones mentioned? I thought City's most influential player was David Silva, which seems pretty accurate, but then again I don't regularly watch or care about City. Obviously the model isn't perfect and some players will be involved in more wins purely due to coincidence. But in terms of Brighton, it's hard to argue against Baldock and Murray being the most influential players.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HCxUK View Post
      Where's Stones mentioned? I thought City's most influential player was David Silva, which seems pretty accurate, but then again I don't regularly watch or care about City. Obviously the model isn't perfect and some players will be involved in more wins purely due to coincidence. But in terms of Brighton, it's hard to argue against Baldock and Murray being the most influential players.
      It lists the 10 most influential players in a table part way down the page. Stones is 6th with a rating of 2.3. Stones was about as influential as a vegan in a bacon eating contest.

I'm not disagreeing that Baldock was probably our most influential player last year and we're missing him now. But I think to say Murphy was by far out least influential player is a bit harsh.
      Took me years to realise that I spent my youth standing next to Steve Foster every week watching Sunday league football. Oops!

1 Not allowed!
      What a load of tosh!! It's got Ashley Barnes down as Burnley's MOST influential player and Sam Vokes as the LEAST influential last season.

Vokes finished our TOP scorer last season...also it has Dean Marney down as 2nd least influential player. Ask any 10 Burnley fans and I bet the majority would say Marney is/was our most influential player.

Three times in four seasons, he has suffered a bad injury but results have always been better when Marney is a starter - 2013/14; 2014/15 especially so. He missed most of the 2015/16 season and our results tailed off badly last season when he was injured at Arsenal in January. Then we had 26 points from 21 games.

1 Not allowed!
      We really do miss him, we were a much stronger side when he started last season..
      The team doesn't miss Baldock, it really misses his attributes.
      Making it all the more insane that for all his time at the club there has never been an adequate, either better or lesser, replacement.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

0 Not allowed!
      Sam Baldock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40974299

We really do miss him, we were a much stronger side when he started last season.

Meanwhile, Jamie Murphy was quite comfortably our least influential player.
      Its not quite as straightforward as that surely because you also have to look at the games the players played in. Did Murphy play more times in away games where we would primarily set up not to lose?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Last season we were poor without Baldock and Stephans.
      The Designated Survivor Ninja Elephant's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Classic example of an injured player's reputation sky rocketing.