Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to MMA or Boxing at the Grand Hotel (charity event)?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Colleague at work is MMA fighting (his first fight) at an upcoming event at the Grand. Tickets are £20 standing or £50 for a table if we can get 10.

Just wondering if anyone's been? And in particular, what are the "standing" tickets like? (It seems like quite a long event). Trying to persuade a few of the ladies to come!! Or is the £50 for a table, and meal aswell, make it much more enjoyable?

cheers

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I've competed in the white collar boxing. Standing tickets are good as it only tends to be the people who know the fighter that watches along with some others. We had 20 fights on the bill and that is a long night for anybody ! If the person that you know can tell you approx what time they are on I'd only get in the place for that time as the bar is tiny and there are a lot of drinkers there. The table seats are good though and should be worth the money.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I went to one of the boxing events about a year or so ago. The event itself is good fun and worth the money. But be prepared to stand for a very long time in a crowded room. You'll also wait 20 minutes minimum to get a drink.

I'd still recommend going though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two of my mates have done white collar boxing. For one we managed to get two tables together sat down. Decent enough food, excellent view, waitress service for drinks (still double parked though). Stood for second one. Crapper view, long beer queue, better atmosphere. It does go on a while. Last time my mate was last on. It was pretty nervous and a little boring waiting but we were all very well oiled when he appeared.

They raise absolute shedloads for charity. The ring girls are alright as well.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A good friend of mine also did the white collar boxing and it's a good night.

Getting a beer and a decent view is a bloody nightmare in the standing section.

My advice would be if you can afford it and get 10 mates do the table option.

Much better view, food and drinks all easy

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Colleague at work is MMA fighting (his first fight) at an upcoming event at the Grand. Tickets are £20 standing or £50 for a table if we can get 10.

Just wondering if anyone's been? And in particular, what are the "standing" tickets like? (It seems like quite a long event). Trying to persuade a few of the ladies to come!! Or is the £50 for a table, and meal aswell, make it much more enjoyable?

cheers

Is it a white collar mma evening or is it amateur? I've heard they do the white collar mma but never seen it done in Brighton.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Get a table if you can, I have done an MMA and Different forms of fighting at Hove town hall, the grand etc, stood a couple of times but if its a one off try and get a table for your mate I am sure he would appreciate it too.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Get a table if you can. I went to the white collar boxing and it is a long night.

The food isn't too bad, albeit they serve it at the start of the night. However, you can then sit back and enjoy all the fights and they have table service, so no queuing for drinks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here