Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two fit strikers ! - Murray/Hemed ok for West Brom

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The giant and packed WBA defence will outnumber and outpace TH. But he deserves to play, so hopefully CH has tactics up his sleeve, to ultilise TH in a different way and use the pace of our wingers.
The quick wingers get hacked down. Ice man Tomer dispatches the penalties.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The giant and packed WBA defence will outnumber and outpace TH. But he deserves to play, so hopefully CH has tactics up his sleeve, to ultilise TH in a different way and use the pace of our wingers.

We have pace on the flanks, they sometimes need to tuck in and support the lone striker. I don't think I've seen Gros play advanced as yet, he needs to get closer to the front striker.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Anyone else think we'd have more chance against WBA with pace up front, West Brom's back four would rather face GM or TH than a front 3 of AK, JI & SM.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Don't think we've had a striker that was a handful for anyone in the Championship in recent years let alone the Premier League.

What game were you watching?

This has got to be a piss take :lolol:

Our strikers scored 46 goals between them last year, and we got promoted.
The year before Hemed scored 17 goals in 40 games, almost a 1 in 2 ratio.

Can't imagine the standard you hold people to if that isn't a handful to deal with.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone else think we'd have more chance against WBA with pace up front, West Brom's back four would rather face GM or TH than a front 3 of AK, JI & SM.

Yes.

A lone Murray or Hemed, unsupported, will be easy for any two of Evans, Hegazi and Dawson.

Izquierdo, Knockaert, and possibly others, is our hope.

I bloody hope we don't fall into the savvy Pulis trap of aireal hoofing the ball up to Hemed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's an NSC yellow card.

Automatic, I'm afraid, for any praise of Bong, Skalak or Hemed.

We are in the consultation phase for whether the law gets rewritten to include Ryan.

:albion2:

I genuinely didn't realise that Bong was criticised quite a bit on NSC, in the same way that Skalak and Norwood are/were? The supporters I talk with rate Bong.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
What if Hemed was only 50% fit before and Murray is 100% fit now (cough)
Then surely our striking force has improved by 150% this week.
Or something................LOOK I'M JUST TRYING TO BE BLOODY POSITIVE. I CANT DO THE MATHS.

No, if Hemed was only half fit, having two fully fit players would equate to an improvement of 300%. That's even better than you thought and it means we will win by approximately 7-0

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I genuinely didn't realise that Bong was criticised quite a bit on NSC, in the same way that Skalak and Norwood are/were? The supporters I talk with rate Bong.
Top targets for the NSC/twitter knifemen feeding frenzy :

1 - Skalak
2 - Hemed
3 - Bong

It's a bit early for Ryan after only 3 league games, but the signs are he'll be number 4 by 2018.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

1 - Skalak
2 - Hemed
3 - Bong

It's a bit early for Ryan after only 3 league games, but the signs are he'll be number 4 by 2018.

Propper and Gross have taken a pummelling so far. An Albion fan posting within Argus comments hates Propper with a passion, labelling him 'the inventor of walking football". A long with Ryan, they were judged as shite players after three games.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Bong gets an absolute verbal battering from the cretin behind me, every home match he plays, virtually from the whistle. Mind you, said cretin just talks clueless babble in some kind of 'listen to me, I know some irrelevant football phrases' match commentary to his equally stupid mate.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

1 - Skalak
2 - Hemed
3 - Bong

The Skalak critics don't even need him to play. They set up the criticisms based on the performances of Murphy mostly and any other winger generally.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How often does Hughton really say they're fit on a Thursday when they're not. ?
Based on the above you must all think - always. He never tells the truth.
When actually its hardly ever.

EDIT: obviously its the truth as he sees it at the time. He can't always predict how a player who trained fine on a Thursday, is coming back from an injury will be on a Saturday so i never understand the reason why we expect him to always do so - 100%
Our Chris has got a worse track record than Pinocchio!

:lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How often does Hughton really say they're fit on a Thursday when they're not. ?

It feels like I'm being very pedantic with your posts recently, but it's not intentional.

The club's tweet did not say that CH said they're fit (your words), it said "CH expects Murray and Hemed to be fit"

It's a subtle but important difference.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bong gets an absolute verbal battering from the cretin behind me, every home match he plays, virtually from the whistle. Mind you, said cretin just talks clueless babble in some kind of 'listen to me, I know some irrelevant football phrases' match commentary to his equally stupid mate.

I hope you're not talking about Messers Cantor & Wozza :wink:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Not entirely sure. I suspect that West Brom will sit back, concede position, and play on the counter-attack. This means that guile will be more important than raw pace, and Hemed might just have the strength and skill to unlock their defence, whereas those other three might be out-muscled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here