Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two fit strikers ! - Murray/Hemed ok for West Brom

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why are people getting their hopes up? What is being said means absolutely nothing whatsoever.

I reckon we wont see either of them.
CH isnt going to tell Pulis that both our strikers are injured and we dont have a striker for the match.
Its all mind games

Based upon that press conference, Murray will not be in squad for Saturday. History repeats.

How often does Hughton really say they're fit on a Thursday when they're not. ?
Based on the above you must all think - always. He never tells the truth.
When actually its hardly ever.

EDIT: obviously its the truth as he sees it at the time. He can't always predict how a player who trained fine on a Thursday, is coming back from an injury will be on a Saturday so i never understand the reason why we expect him to always do so - 100%

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty much 3rd choice left back now anyway.. going to find it very hard to even make the bench.

Rosenior will/should always get the nod covering both full back positions on the bench.

Bong, when fit, is a fantastic left back.

Has he declined at just age 29, or are Suttner and Rosenoir simply better players now?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bong, when fit, is a fantastic left back.

Has he declined at just age 29, or are Suttner and Rosenoir simply better players now?
Bongs the best out of those 3 at left back.

Suttner has been a massive disappointment so far painfully slow....and pretty much made a glaring error each game so far.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
How often does Hughton really say they're fit on a Thursday when they're not. ?
Based on the above you must all think - always. He never tells the truth.
When actually its hardly ever.

EDIT: obviously its the truth as he sees it at the time. He can't always predict how a player who trained fine on a Thursday, is coming back from an injury will be on a Saturday so i never understand the reason why we expect him to always do so - 100%

Sorry I totally disagree. I'm not saying he is lying. I'm just saying he is hoping to have both strikers to pick from to avoid gving Pulis a heads up.
Otherwise he would announce the team on Saturday morning , not 1 hour before ko.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Suttner has been a massive disappointment so far painfully slow....and pretty much made a glaring error each game so far.

Suttner will shirley improve. The bollocking he got from CH for that moment of naive lightweight play against Watford after just 5 minutes, was the only occasion I can remember off hand, of CH openly doing that (picked up on MOTD2 or similar). CH has a great record of improving defenders.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

This. I’m not sure what Bong has done to warrant being dropped.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So it's Hemed to start with Murray getting 15 minutes maybe to find that equaliser. I'm more interested in the Colombian kids role around Gross and Proppers roles . Without Sidwell I presume Propper with have to sit.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I would start with Hemed he was a handful against Watford. Murray might need to be eased back into it if he has only just resumed training.

Don't think we've had a striker that was a handful for anyone in the Championship in recent years let alone the Premier League.

What game were you watching?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread really needs to be titled something like:-

100% more available strikers, for Saturday.

Given that we had none fit (according to rumour), and 100% of zero is zero, I'm not massively reassured.

But if you mean that small variations in small samples gives rise to enormous variations in percentage changes, I agree with you :thumbsup:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Don't think we've had a striker that was a handful for anyone in the Championship in recent years let alone the Premier League.

What game were you watching?
Playing upfront alone he won most of the aerial duals and put in a huge shift on a hot day. Unlucky to hit the post and put one just wide in the second half. I thought he had a great game, in the last couple of seasons when Murray has been injured or suspended Tomer has stepped up to the plate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Playing upfront alone he won most of the aerial duals and put in a huge shift on a hot day. Unlucky to hit the post and put one just wide in the second half. I thought he had a great game, in the last couple of seasons when Murray has been injured or suspended Tomer has stepped up to the plate.

The giant and packed WBA defence will outnumber and outpace TH. But he deserves to play, so hopefully CH has tactics up his sleeve, to ultilise TH in a different way and use the pace of our wingers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That's an NSC yellow card.

Automatic, I'm afraid, for any praise of Bong, Skalak or Hemed.

We are in the consultation phase for whether the law gets rewritten to include Ryan.

:albion2:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i was looking forward to this 'creative' attacking line up we were going to muddle together without any fit strikers

and keeping Gross in my fantasy team to be the 'gem' of the week...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'm more than happy for Bong to play (when fit)...but remind me of Suttner's glaring error against City?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The giant and packed WBA defence will outnumber and outpace TH. But he deserves to play, so hopefully CH has tactics up his sleeve, to ultilise TH in a different way and use the pace of our wingers.

He'll have an important part to play in defending set pieces for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here