Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sleeve sponsorship deal done - JD Sports.

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
Ugly and chavy as it looks, I think it's great for the club to have gear on sale in town without having to foot the rent for space. I wonder how long this has been in the works as the full window Chelsea kit ad came down after a day or two preseason. Could be coincidence though!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've been trying to get a shirt for the last month or so. I'll be seriously pissed off if i have to walk around with this on my sleeve :censored:
I haven't bothered they were horrible enough to start with, certainly ain't getting them now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Does it really, REALLY matter? Do you leave the pub, take your seat at the Amex and when the team emerge you suddenly think 'oh look at that ghastly sleeve logo'? Some people will moan about anything on here.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I think they should have gone for a full version of their founders names not the initials - John and Dave Sports sounds much more classy.

Until fairly recently their city centre shops in Dublin were branded John David Sports; I've no idea why as the retail park ones were JD. It wasn't a case of not rebranding from the 80s as they were new shops.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does it really, REALLY matter? Do you leave the pub, take your seat at the Amex and when the team emerge you suddenly think 'oh look at that ghastly sleeve logo'? Some people will moan about anything on here.

Unlikely. They'll be occupied with observing what a striker-less side looks like.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've decided that I quite like the JD sleeve after today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Much to my surprise I'm finding myself becoming a connoisseur of sleeve sponsorship.
Once again the Albion appear to have also won that 'battle'.

GWR_-NJL_080917sleeve_01.jpg

Hate them all you want, just be grateful as that particular piece of real estate could look a lot worse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh in all the brouhaha surrounding the win I forgot to mention another nice little victory for the marketing dept:-

MRFTyres978.jpg

Are they still undefeated?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Oh in all the brouhaha surrounding the win I forgot to mention another nice little victory for the marketing dept:-

View attachment 90440

Are they still undefeated?

If I was contemplating new tyres currently, I'd be worried those particular ones looked worn out and in danger of losing their grip.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stiff competition next week.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
None of them are great (what is it with tyre companies and football shirts these days?), but I think Leicester's takes the biscuit, purely because of how incongruous it looks stuck on their shirts (as well as very cheap and nasty).

sleeve-sponsor-deals%2B%25286%2529.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here