Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sleeve sponsorship deal done - JD Sports.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Let's say that front shirt sponsor and sleeve brings in 2 mill a year, in the world of the PL that is a drop in the ocean, you up a bid for a player a couple of mill for example. In light of that, is there an argument to have no sponsor at all like Barca used to do? A blue and white stripped shirt with no sponsors would be the best selling shirt of all time I should think.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nope. Except Milk. I'd like Milk.

article-2062348-0031B46900000258-381_224x353.jpg

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Would have liked to see a local company sponser the sleeve but I guess options are limited due to agreeing with Amex and also what sponsors you are allowed (no alcohol, etc). Would like to have Harvey's Brewery in the sleeve.

I wonder if JD sports in Churchill square will now sell the kit?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I bet they haven't. We didn't get a chance to get to the shop and they'd sold out.

(We didn't pre-order as:

a) With kids, you don't know what size they'll actually need
b) It's become a bit of a thing to visit the Amex and buy new shirts)
Same issue, no shirts left for the Barnet game which was the first opportunity we had to get to the Amex (without being fleeced for tickets).

theboybilly

Let's say that front shirt sponsor and sleeve brings in 2 mill a year, in the world of the PL that is a drop in the ocean, you up a bid for a player a couple of mill for example. In light of that, is there an argument to have no sponsor at all like Barca used to do? A blue and white stripped shirt with no sponsors would be the best selling shirt of all time I should think.

See post #55

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Jack Daniels would have been a better JD and one which would have widened the Albion brand in America

The photo is for the version when alcohol is outlawed, thinking worldwide

Attachments

• 20150617_231715.jpg
    20150617_231715.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 407

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How long did you spend trying to think of somebody famous with the initials JD?

About a hour , Jim Davidson just didn't seem right , I toyed with Judy Dench but she's not been well lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
The Churchill Square one at least, you'd hope. Which will give us some retail presence in the city centre, which we haven't had for a very long time.

Has it EVER been possible to buy a home shirt in churchill square ?

port-a-cabin at the goldstone
shop in queens st
shop in queen st over the road
Amex shop

D

Deleted member 2719

This sponsorship has got to be worth 45 goals a season.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Has it EVER been possible to buy a home shirt in churchill square ?

port-a-cabin at the goldstone
shop in queens st
shop in queen st over the road
Amex shop
I remember visiting family in about 1998/99 and going into a sports shop in central Brighton with the intention of getting a shirt. They'd got Man United, Arsenal, Real Madrid etc shirts everywhere and even shithouse teams like Villa and (unbelievably) Sheffield Wednesday.

The guy in the shop actually laughed at me when I asked if they sold Brighton shirts. Laughed at me.

I was like Bishop Brennan after Ted kicked him up the arse....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here