Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jayson molumby

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Why is it we take a 19 year old from another club, on loan, and throw him straight into the attacking line up? But when we have a promising youngster of our own we hide him away never to see the light of day except in a youth game?

Well, Molumby has only just turned 18 so he is a lot younger than Izzy Brown, and also Izzy Brown has:

1. Played a full season of Championship football (scoring 7 goals and winning promotion)
2. Played a full season in the Erdevise

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
No. But they get written off having shown they have a certain ability. Yet a youngster who we have no real gauge as to how good they are gets hyped up. Seems wildly inconsistent.
If a player who had a good game against Barnet is touted as being good enough why is a player who scored 20 goals in the championship not touted as good enough?
You miss my point entirely. What prompted my suggestion was a temporary dire shortage of a ball winner in midfield. There is no comparison with Murray or Hemed or even Izzy Brown.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He was fine against Barnet, but he largely went sideways and backwards with his passing. We created very little. He reminded me of JFC - no bad thing at his age and stage of development - but he's nowhere near ready for the PL I'm afraid.

PG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Solly would argue differently.
Only player promoted to a regular first team place in the last seven years (not including odd appearances in Mickey Mouse cups), and the only forward player since when? - Jake Robinson?. My point stands.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Only player promoted to a regular first team place in the last seven years (not including odd appearances in Mickey Mouse cups), and the only forward player since when? - Jake Robinson?. My point stands.

Eh? Are you quite sure about that, or are you Conveniently forgetting JFC and Ince?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We'll they arent defenders and both played in the same position as Molumby so I am not sure how Solly is more relevant than both of these.

DMs rather than box-to-box - and both gone now. Whatever, as far as Brighton is concerned, bringing in a youngster is generally the exception that proves the rule.

Fenelon / Goodwin
Less said the better........

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Molumbey and Tilley/Connolly somewhere in the squad, but I won't be holding my breath!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Wasn't Ince signed from Chelsea? and also, Solly March was signed from Lewes and hadn't he began at Palace?

If I'm right, then neither of them are truly youth products of ours.

He only mentioned them bringing them through, how long does a player need to be at a club for you to say they developed them?

Solly I think they can take a lot of credit, he played for our Under 16s before signing a Scholarship, the Same with JFC, Ince you have more of a point, but our development squad gave him the oppotunity to grow as a player and learn a new position, he certainly grew and learnt as a player at Brighton so we have to take some credit there as well. The same goes for Walton, Dunk and the many other players who have come through over the years, You arent going to get one or two players come through every season, off the top of my head Southampton and Fulham are the only two clubs really doing so at the moment, but even they are slowing down and both have had successful acadamies open much much longer tan us.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
DMs rather than box-to-box - and both gone now. Whatever, as far as Brighton is concerned, bringing in a youngster is generally the exception that proves the rule.

Less said the better........

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Molumbey and Tilley/Connolly somewhere in the squad, but I won't be holding my breath!

JFC certainly wasnt a DM when he first came through, but whatever, him and Molumy are both simlar players, he is no better than JFC was at that age, let him develop properly and yes a loan out probably would be a very good thing for him at some point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here